Another Music Icon Gone...

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Jim wrote:I saw him a couple of times. The best was at the London Rock and Roll Show at Wembley Stadium in August 1972. This was a great show which included Bill Haley, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bo Diddely, and Chuck Berry. Chuck was on last and went over time, so some dickhead killed the power and stopped him dead. After a few minutes the power went back on and Chuck was told to finish.

Here's a video of the highlights:

Excellent ! This was always a favourite of mine to watch when I was a kid in the early 80's , we had a copy of it on Betamax (I still have it somewhere) I used to watch the start of it over and over with all the teds and rockers rolling up with Heinz singing at the start.
:thumbright:
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

hemi472 wrote:
Jim wrote:I saw him a couple of times. The best was at the London Rock and Roll Show at Wembley Stadium in August 1972. This was a great show which included Bill Haley, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bo Diddely, and Chuck Berry. Chuck was on last and went over time, so some dickhead killed the power and stopped him dead. After a few minutes the power went back on and Chuck was told to finish.

Here's a video of the highlights:

Excellent ! This was always a favourite of mine to watch when I was a kid in the early 80's , we had a copy of it on Betamax (I still have it somewhere) I used to watch the start of it over and over with all the teds and rockers rolling up with Heinz singing at the start.
:thumbright:
I didn't realise the link was for the full movie - I just had flick through- forgot about the Bo Diddley section - absolutely mega !
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

I saw a short bio on him the other day,turns out he sued the Beatles for the song "come together" they settled out of court, he also won a law suit against the Beach boys for" surfing usa" the court made them put his name down as a writer of the song ,several guitarists stole his licks and music, he was a true innovator, and clearly influenced the music we hear today,LEGEND