727 3speed sump gasket recommendation

Moderator: Moderators

greeny

727 3speed sump gasket recommendation

Post by greeny »

Evening members, looking to replace my transmission sump pan gasket in the near future. My tranny is a 3speed 727 behind a 360. AÅ•e there any i should avoid or are thre an y that are highly recommended. Thanks in anticipation of a very knowledgeable reply. Yours greeny.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I had trouble getting a leak free seal with the cheaper gaskets that you tend to get in a gasket and filter set so I went to my local Chrysler dealer and ordered an OEM gasket for an A727 similar to the link below. It's a thicker plastic core with twin O rings around the circumference. Problem solved and it's reusable too. :thumbright:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-727-A ... -c&vxp=mtr
All we are is rust in the wind
sublimemike
Location: oxford - the dreaming spires where cars in the city are banned

Post by sublimemike »

I've just had issues with those thin rubber gaskets as well. Friend has just come back from the states with a thicker cork one from Mr.gasket. Where's Duncan for an opinion?
if you think speed kills don't get on a plane
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Hi guys.so long as a stock pan is ok condition i use a regualer cork gasket nothing fancy at all and they DO NOT LEAK, do not get tempted to keep on tightening them, as they will just keep compressing lap after lap, if i have the rubber type i use them exclusivly on flat aftermarket ally sumps but again normally use a regular cork, also avail is a compressed composite brown gasket i again only use them on ally pans

regular pans cork gasket,,,,,,,,, ;)
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
greeny

Post by greeny »

Thanks for your very infomative response guys. I keep seeing the felpro gasket and the other i have seen is the thicker moroso gasket but that one looks expensive. I will be using a brand new steel pan.my thoughts are go with the felpro and if that doea not work then go to the thicker moroso one. Thanks for your relpy guys. Plenty of food for thought there . I will let you know how i get on. Greeny
Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

my cork one leaked, when I went round the bolts again and reset them all to the correct torque it stopped.

still weeps a bit from the o ring on the dip stick but thats next to fix
Justin "Supreme Leader" Greener
1970 Dodge Dart
1995 Mustang GT
1980 MGBGT
greeny

Post by greeny »

Hi chief i think you have made a very valid point there. Doing the bolts to the correct torque is something i will definitely be doing. Thanks for that valuable tip. Greeny
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

I had no issues with the Felpro on my old truck (727 )
:thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013