Help needed to trailer my Cuda!

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

caveman

Help needed to trailer my Cuda!

Post by caveman »

Hi guys!

My car just got custom cleared and ready to pick up!However,my friend who was supposed to bring his work truck to pick up my car is busy and it’s very uncertain whether he can bring it or not!
So i’m looking for someone with a trailer that a E body Mopar would fit on it for next Thursday or Friday!
The car is in Dartford (Kingstown shipping depo) and would need to be taken to Bury St. Edmonds!
The whole shipping got delayed with several weeks and that made everything really difficult for me!
Wanted to the registered by the 24th because our wedding anniversary is on the 27th and was planning to gift this Cuda to my wife and road trip it!
Now waiting for the Nova form to come back,handed in last Thursday so it’s just the Mot to get all the paperwork ready for submit to the Dvla!
Anyway,so if anyone has a trailer and time could you get in touch with me please!
Thanks,

Peter
Pete

Re: Help needed to trailer my Cuda!

Post by Pete »

I know of several people / companys that do this professionally if you have no success finding anyone with a trailer...
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
raven68

Post by raven68 »

Have you asked Kingstown if they will deliver? They all know the regular delivery companies and should be able to put you in touch with someone? Worked for me when I used Hills out of Southampton... and the cost was less than my time and expense to hire a trailer, etc....
1970 Challenger 383 MMA-074
1968 Charger 440 MMA-80
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

HI THERE
May have just the bloke to help you out here, Robin Hunter , he transported my 58 Impala from Southampton to Norfolk on his trailer , so will give you an idea of its size, for me at a very reasonable cost. He has all the correct insurances to do the job and is familiar with many of the shipping companies that transport American cars, and is based in Wisbech, so our neck of the country too.
Give him a call if you are not already sorted on 077590 92687 or 01945 420313. really helpful bloke .
Yours
GUY
caveman

Post by caveman »

Thanks guys!

It's all sorted now and going to pick her up on Friday.Can't wait now as this has been 3 months now :(
I have never thought this will take 3 months to get here.I was told shipping usually takes 7-8 weeks from the West coast but I got my car dropped off on the 29th of January and just got it on the 4th of May!End this is 14 weeks all together!Not happy with it becasue I needed to get this car for a certain date but I guess this is life!At least she is here now safe and sound!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Glad you have a plan - we want to see pictures as and when!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God