Window rollers and rebuild kits

Moderator: Moderators

MattH

Window rollers and rebuild kits

Post by MattH »

Has anyone rebuolt their window winder mechanisms with a kit of bits??

My driver's window keeps falling off the runners into the door bottom which is a pain.
Ive found that there are kits of the wearing parts available for about $75 in the USA.
Has anyone tried this before ?
Who did they get the kits from?

there also seems to be two types of kits, 70 -72 E body and 73-74 which look quite different.

Looking at my car, I have a 70-72 drivers door even though it is a 73 (triggers broom my car!), so I may need 2 kits depending what the pass side is.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Dave999

Re: Window rollers and rebuild kits

Post by Dave999 »

I didn't use a kit on the aussie charger as i couldn't find one

but i did find on US ebay a source for the stud and plastic grommet that hold the window into the lifting channel

my windows have a 1/4 inch hole in the glass

you fit the grommet through the hole and a similar hole in the lifter channel and press the pin in to splay it out like a rawl plug

I lined my lifer channels with old innertube glued in with copydex.

the sliders for the edge of the winding window where it runs up the 1/4 vent frame (if you have them) are still made.
if your wind up windows have a curve dodge truck ones can be trimmed to length

the studs that slide to lift the lifter can be turned to a not worn bit

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

Ebodys had two different door window parts for the first 2 years they used basically a square,plastic/nylon that rode in a channel, (and yep they get dry and dont work well, lube them up and see what happens) then in mid 72 they improved them with a round plastic/nylon wheel if you will,and the channel is different so make sure if you get parts, get the correct year, and yes I have done them, and I put the later model units in our cuda, the later stuff works much better, but you have to change out the channel
mustangbooks

Post by mustangbooks »

Matt, is it this kind of kit?:

https://www.oerparts.com/product/1972/d ... e8140.html

https://www.oerparts.com/product/1973/d ... e8141.html

...if so, I may be able to get them a bit cheaper through OER, who are one of my US suppliers?
MattH

Post by MattH »

Thats the sort of thing Andy. I need to check my passenger door to see what is in that, I'm hoping they are the same.
Ive got the early type in the drivers door and the metal lifter arms just keep popping out of the channel, then the window crashes into the depths of the door.
mustangbooks

Post by mustangbooks »

MattH wrote: Wed May 23, 18 11:14 pm Thats the sort of thing Andy. I need to check my passenger door to see what is in that, I'm hoping they are the same.
Ive got the early type in the drivers door and the metal lifter arms just keep popping out of the channel, then the window crashes into the depths of the door.
OK, let me know if you want to order through me, as I'll be submitting an order to them fairly soon. Might be able to save you a few dollars off the list price, and it will come with my other items, so will probably work out cheaper to ship over as well!
MattH

Post by MattH »

mustangbooks wrote: Wed May 23, 18 11:23 pm
MattH wrote: Wed May 23, 18 11:14 pm Thats the sort of thing Andy. I need to check my passenger door to see what is in that, I'm hoping they are the same.
OK, let me know if you want to order through me, as I'll be submitting an order to them fairly soon. Might be able to save you a few dollars off the list price, and it will come with my other items, so will probably work out cheaper to ship over as well!
Andy, its the up to 72 I need, are you ordering soon?
mustangbooks

Post by mustangbooks »

MattH wrote: Mon Jun 04, 18 11:18 am Andy, its the up to 72 I need, are you ordering soon?
I have already put an order in with them, but there was a problem with the payment details, so I don't think it's left yet... I can try to get them to add the kit, otherwise it might be a few weeks until my next order if you can wait?