Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Cannonball

Re: New member

Post by Cannonball »

I remember you with that challenger they shipped here three rough 71 challengers quite solid on the bodies but dogs otherwise , Dave on this board has one I think and its lovely now,sadly since your pic one of the blue bros has passed great shame they were pretty harmless rogues
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
moparnutterz

Post by moparnutterz »

Thanks Dunc, and welcome back Chris :thumbright:
Kristof

Post by Kristof »

Thats right Duncan - I had some bits off you for it, came up to see you once in a baby blue 65 Impala.

I actually called Blues Brothers about a rough white 383 '70 Charger but it sold a week before - gone to Newcastle if I remember correctly. Chally was ROUGH and most bits needed replacing/work but it was a solid california car :)

Dave with Plum Crazy 318 ? I spoke to Dave on my first Mopar Nats and I believe he actually has my front bumper - If I recall my car had a better one of the two and he bought his Chally on the proviso they swap bumpers (I stand to be corrected on that).

I did go and see the other 'Blues Brother' after his Brother passed away...the moved to a little unit not far from Nantwich Marina/ Reaseheath College, he still had some cool cars there, must have been around 2010-ish. What I found Ironic is they loved yanks but drove round in that white Fiesta Van you can see in the background :lol:
Kristof

Post by Kristof »

Ah Moparnutterz !! - only just seen the profile pic :lol:

Hello again !
polosteve

Post by polosteve »

Cool bit of history, you could probably buy a Challenger front bumper now for £4900 - On the road :)

Your old one looked great,

Steve
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Hello Kristoff yes I remember you now, yes mopar nutz are Dave and his great wifey forgot name I am sorry, :oops: i think its upgraded now to a 340 engine they constantly improve this car,

I actually think the Blues brothers did like American cars but more than that they found it was something that they could make money from that was the driving force most people that love a certain car and trade in them acquire a private collection for them selves the blues did not it was about the money
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
charger01

Post by charger01 »

Hi Kristoff . I take it you are grounded workwise ✈
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Welcome back.
i bought my first Charger from the Blues Brothers in 2003.
I called them about a blue Charger they had for sale but it had already sold so aI asked them to source me one from the states which they did.

That was a good car with minimal rust. I paid £8000 for it. Also only just on the road. It needed going through but it was a good deal.