A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

morgan

Re: new member

Post by morgan »

Sigh. I remember when my underside looked as sparkly as that...

Hello and welcome :wave:
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

morgan wrote: Thu May 14, 20 3:22 pm Sigh. I remember when my underside looked as sparkly as that...

Hello and welcome :wave:
I hope you're talking about your car, Morgan... :-k :lol:
newsatten

Post by newsatten »

Cheers guys :lol:

And yes it was Barry's, i send him an update from time to time, when its done he's going to come down and spend the day on the coast and have a blast around in the old girl again, (subject to the current messed up state of things!)

Lost count of the hours laying on me back underneath the thing removing all the paint/underseal etc, and thinking i really am too old for this ---t!
anyway thats all done now and doing some of the more fun bits!

Did make me smile with the son comments, as im sure your all aware , messing around with old motors deffo requires a sense of humour
Attachments
DSCF3704.JPG
DSCF3704.JPG (124.5 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
Charger

Post by Charger »

hello there :hello2:, nice car you have there 8-)
Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
Derek

Post by Derek »

Adam wrote: Thu May 14, 20 12:45 pm Welcome aboard :salute:

That looks very nice indeed. It wouldn't be Barry Holledge's old car would it?
Adam, how did you guess that, I've been in it and under it many times when Barry owed it. This pic is from Brooklands 2005.
Attachments
100_1978.JPG
100_1978.JPG (133.35 KiB) Viewed 2359 times
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
newsatten

Post by newsatten »

Fab pic =D>

Yeah the old girls had a couple of face lifts!
Should be Rallye Red, now Tor Red, should have a black vinyl roof and black trim, now no vinyl and white interior, the faux wood is gone and now moody carbon, pretty much the only thing ive done is to remove the RT strips, as the car was Stripe delete!
As i said on Piston heads,
Triggers Broom , Dave !
newsatten

Post by newsatten »

Blimey , ive literally have just had a Email from Barry !
He's ok and looking forward to a trip the the seaside !
Russ1971scamp

Post by Russ1971scamp »

Wicked looking build... =D>
Adam

Post by Adam »

Derek wrote: Thu May 14, 20 7:27 pm
Adam wrote: Thu May 14, 20 12:45 pm Welcome aboard :salute:

That looks very nice indeed. It wouldn't be Barry Holledge's old car would it?
Adam, how did you guess that, I've been in it and under it many times when Barry owed it. This pic is from Brooklands 2005.
Just a hunch! Not too many 71 340 R/T's about. I knew it was originally red too. I took a friend to view it when Barry was looking to sell a couple of years ago, but the bodywork rust put him off. It was very solid underneath though.

Great to see it being restored as it deserves to be - I can see you've put a heck of a lot of work into it Pete. Oh, and those are my old Rallye wheels and tyres on it :D
newsatten

Post by newsatten »

Yeah i brought it it spring 17,
The floors were surprising sound, had to do a repair to the front drivers footwell, this had been done before but the normal MOT type repair,
Flat plate just welded over the corrosion, removed the section, fabricated in repair panel, with swage lines and drain sumps,
Small similar job to the left footwell, the worst places were upper bulkhead left and right where the air intakes are, these were very rusted, and had been filled with expanding foam!
Chopped it all out and fabricated repair section with a full return , which is the baffle to keep water out of the car!

Horrible job but all done!

Ill put some pics up on the workshop pages at some point,
Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

Sounds like a similar floor job to the one I've just done on my Coronet. It would be great to see your pics of the upper bulkhead/intake repairs just in case... :)
MattH

Post by MattH »

I did my bulkhead, had to take the whole top outer skin off to get at the air inlets in the plenum. Big job.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
newsatten

Post by newsatten »

I chopped out the corrosion from inside and outside, nasty job, As Matt says the proper way is just discard pretty much everything!
But thats very intrusive to the bulkhead, and i was doing the job in a single garage at home, it aint like full workshop facilitys!
Plus the costs, panels are very large, and they start off fairly cheap, but by the time they are delivered to your door thev've tripled in price!
Anyway all the Foams gone, the bulkhead wont win prizes, but its straight and strong (unlike before!!)

I'l start a thread on the workshop and put up some pics, one or two aint pretty :D
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yes, please put up the build pictures - it will assist other members as well!!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
newsatten

Post by newsatten »

Hit a miles stone today, finally received my Master Cylinder bleeder kit, so the car now has brakes again, so actually managed to drive off the drive and turn it around!
First time its faced towards the garage for almost 3 years ! lol.....................
The wife and i have been pushing it in and out of the garage, and its been getting harder to push as the parts go back on it!
Ive got at least two more weeks of Furlough so with any luck It should be road ready for July 1st ,

Be interesting to see if all the parts actually function properly and dont leak etc!
Ive got reconditioned Calipers,Master Cylinder, Wheel Cylinders, and moody brake flexi hoses, all come from poxy China , the yanks are like us, they dont make or recon anything either :shock: