Fords strategy to sell electric

It's not Mopar, but we like it

Moderator: Moderators

Bratfink

Fords strategy to sell electric

Post by Bratfink »

I realize this won’t be to many people’s tastes, but 1400hp excites me. And having experienced the Porsche taycan’s acceleration, this can only be better.

I must say I like Fords strategy to sell electric, rather than taking the pure environmental route, they are taking the performance route.

Full disclosure I had nothing to do with the 1400. The base program Mach E was mine.

I am coming to believe a 56mph speed record is harder to achieve than a 400mph one!
ScottyDave

Re: Fords strategy to sell electric

Post by ScottyDave »

Fun video to watch. I hope they exaggerated the motor whine, that was a bit much :)
Personally I don't think the fully electric vehicle will become the norm due to the lack of infrastructure for charging but rather the Hybrid will especially in the UK.
73 Charger 318
MMA-130
Steve

Post by Steve »

I just can't get excited about an electric car. Does nothing for me at all unfortunately
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Steve wrote: Fri Mar 11, 22 5:47 pm I just can't get excited about an electric car. Does nothing for me at all unfortunately
Hasn't the lack of maintenance got any attractions? Our MD at work has a Tesla and while he was parked at a motorway services the other week, car plugged in and charging, a Tesla 'mechanic' came up to him and asked if he wanted a free service! He said all that was involved was to check the tyre pressures and brake fluid level. All for free - which you'd probably expect for 10 mins work :? :lol:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Nope. Nothing about it excites me. If you can afford a Tesla you can afford to service it so I'm guessing that wouldn't be much of a selling point. My pal has a brand new hybrid Ford Blacmange....soulless is not the word....
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

What is that video suppose to advertise? That fact the old cars sound great and the Mach E sounds like a lorry tail lift.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Steve

Post by Steve »

I couldn't have one purely based on the fact that every time I used it the sound would remind me of my first wife [-(
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

RobTwin wrote: Fri Mar 11, 22 10:48 pm
Steve wrote: Fri Mar 11, 22 5:47 pm I just can't get excited about an electric car. Does nothing for me at all unfortunately
Hasn't the lack of maintenance got any attractions? Our MD at work has a Tesla and while he was parked at a motorway services the other week, car plugged in and charging, a Tesla 'mechanic' came up to him and asked if he wanted a free service! He said all that was involved was to check the tyre pressures and brake fluid level. All for free - which you'd probably expect for 10 mins work :? :lol:
I’m guessing that’s a courtesy check? checking the brakes,steering and suspension would be my idea of a service,and I’d certainly check your tyres for free but I’d like a couple of coins for the tea fund😁