Anti-roll bar advice and manufacturer?

Moderator: Moderators

TIB3300

Anti-roll bar advice and manufacturer?

Post by TIB3300 »

Morning

looking for same advice and a manufacturer of anti -roll bars.

Should I stick to the same thickness or increase it? and by how much?

The original engine weighs 297lbs and the new engine weighs 525lbs increase by 228 lbs
MattH

Re: Anti-roll bar advice and manufacturer?

Post by MattH »

Why not clamp a second one to the first at four points? It will stiffen the existing without too much fabrication from scratch.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
TIB3300

Post by TIB3300 »

MattH wrote: Wed Nov 11, 20 8:36 am Why not clamp a second one to the first at four points? It will stiffen the existing without too much fabrication from scratch.
I cant get my original roll bar to fit now, the sump is too low
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

i think a place that can do leaf springs, re temper, re arch would potentially have the facilities to create something

you are in a city of metal workers....... :)

even if its just taking one that you already have and adjusting its bends so it fits better and making it less bendy
upside down or facing the opposite way can also work. do you have chassis rails to mount it?
remember the longer the arms that attach to the suspension the stiffer it needs to be

Or hollow tube of decent diameter and thick walled bent and tempered. strong and lighter than a solid bar but equally effective

i take it you will need uprated springs and potentially some stronger spring supports on the struts as well
and shocks that can control based on spring rate

cortinas always had strut top issues.. well mk1 and Mk 2 did so i would guess this is a family failing... is there a nice set of all metal bearing based strut tops you can use?

springs off a truck? or a jeep maybe. anything designed for a vehicle with a cast iron block

if need be look to Australia....the cars had a cast iron 3.5 liter 6 cylinder fitted in the MK3, and many got a v8. the Aussies must have this sussed.
light weight euro car with heavy US derived motor

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying