Hello - Dodge Challenger Widebody

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Paul Goulding

Hello - Dodge Challenger Widebody

Post by Paul Goulding »

Hi all,

I've recently imported a Dodge Challenger Widebody Scat pack with a custom interior. Took an age, but it's finally here :) Been a Merc and BMW owner in the past, so this is my first Mopar car. I'm sure I might have questions to ask in the future, but just wanted to say hello : )

First port of call is to figure out if I should change the stock tyres - they really don't like the wet/cold. Really hasn't given me a lot of confidence in the car to begin with!

All the best
Paul
Attachments
1a.png
1a.png (882.52 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
2.png
2.png (673.5 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
3.JPG
3.JPG (180.92 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
4.JPG
4.JPG (180.75 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
Pete

Re: Hello - Dodge Challenger Widebody

Post by Pete »

Welcome!!!

Great car 8-) 8-) 8-)
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

Love it.
That's a brave move, giving up the supposed reliability of German cars for a new Challenger.
It will be interesting to hear how you get on - will this be a daily driver?

Regarding the tyres you could try 'all seasons'. These might help with cold weather grip due to the softer / deeper tread blocks, but wouldn't be as positive round the bends. Should help with traction though. Not sure if you can get very low profile all seasons?
Depends on your driving style i guess.

PS that coolant reservoir looks a bit empty, or just no anti-freeze?
Paul Goulding

Post by Paul Goulding »

Thanks Stu, Pete : )

It’s not quite a daily driver. I think it will be in the summer, but at the moment, the tyres are really not up to it. Doing some research into what might be a better bet. They’ve got Pirelli P Zeros on at the moment.

Good spot on the coolant, I said exactly the same thing! That picture was taken at the importers after it was taken off the ship. She’s nicely topped back up again now : )

Paul
Adam

Post by Adam »

Welcome! Beautiful car.

The factory Pirelli P Zeros are the first thing people change on modern Mustangs. Lots of tales of scary moments, especially in the wet. Most owners seem to like Michelin Pilots, but I'm pleased with my Goodyear Eagle F1s
Paul Goulding

Post by Paul Goulding »

Thanks Adam,

I’ll take a look into those tyres - anything has to be better than these Pirelli’s!
JinxJay

Post by JinxJay »

first thing i did was take the pzero's off, they were useless on the drag strip and dangerous in the wet,
p4 pilots are supposed to be the best option,
me personally i'm running coopers and they seem much better all round and more predictable.
Paul Goulding

Post by Paul Goulding »

Thanks JinxJay,
I thought it was just my driving style! Glad it’s not just me who’s finding the PZeros absolute trash! I’ll have a look at those tyres you recommended : )
Gas for GOSH

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Bit late to the party but my 2014 R/T has Firestone Firehawk GT tyres. I use it as a daily wet or dry and they work for me, don’t know what anyone else thinks of them?
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen