Is it fair to be P'eed Off ?

Moderator: Moderators

Billybob780

Is it fair to be P'eed Off ?

Post by Billybob780 »

Hi Folks,
Opinions please.... I feel a little aggrieved but, the wife is telling me to chill. Would you be p'eed off ?
Ongoing renovation of my Dart, I decided it needed a rewire which was above my scope. So I rang around one place would do it but couldn't give a date when they could get it in. Another gave me a date, I went and seen them agreed work. Organised and paid for a truck to take it to them. They told me my battery was knackered so I took a new one over. Discussed extra work reference heater not working and removing all the unnecessary air con stuff. I gave them a month reminding them I had bought fuel injection equipment from Vitesse and they needed the car to fit it within a certain time scale due ever increasing prices. I have rung them at the end of the week for the past six weeks and they still haven't started it.... they also can't give a date saying they are stuck working on some VW's. I've got snotty saying mine was booked in before the VW's.... they have said find someone else.... so I out by six weeks to get it road ready for this year and out of pocket for the truck and god knows what state my car is in and if all the the new parts I supplied to be fit are still in one piece...
TIB3300

Re: Is it fair to be P'eed Off ?

Post by TIB3300 »

Take it back and find someone else simple

You may be behind time, but that's the way things go sometimes with our hobbies 8-[

Frustrating as it is, now when you have found someones else it will fade into your memory

Mine was supposed to be on the road now! after an engine bay bling up session, but two bouts of paint grief and exhaust wows still in the garage on this sunny bank holiday :cry:
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

A garage worked on my previous 1969 Mach 1 a few years back. The brakes were fading. They took the brakes apart and said they were ok and fitted a new servo and charged me £2500 for parts and labour and said we can’t find the problem! And they had the car for 3 months while they worked on other projects. I felt like I’d been robbed. I found another garage and they lost a load of future work.

Getting messed around happens from time to time. In your case find someone else to do the work. These things happen.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Prothed

Post by Prothed »

Yes. Get it back ASAP. Once they have your car they think they have you over a barrel. Once they start work it will be much more difficult to get it back without being stitched up financialy.
Billybob780

Post by Billybob780 »

It's been recovered and has now gone to another electrician.... fingers crossed.
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

This is exactly why I try to do everything myself on my cars and the house! I've been ripped off and messed around too many times!