Life advice

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

TIB3300

Re: Life advice

Post by TIB3300 »

James Vette wrote: Fri Jul 21, 23 9:08 pm No matter what job I try it always falls apart and I end up hating it and yes I can assure you I do work very hard every day. I am completely lost in life and feel defeated... I feel pathetic that I can't just fall into place like everyone else. I really am lost and need advice to be on the right path. I am shocked I even got my dream car in the first place but I saved my money as I wanted it so bad and love american classics so much.
Hello again James
I was only going to ask about the points you have posted up here
Steve

Post by Steve »

Morning James,

Hope you are well today :thumbright:

Read all of this and can echo what others have said and maybe add just a little bit to help.

I too am older than you (56 now) and have experienced everything you have described. The underlying key to everything in my mind is that whatever you feel or think about anything you perceive in your life as being negative or bad is really just a blip. Nothing lasts forever, things change and whatever is making you stressed or down at any point, will change and will get better.

Ive been through two failed marriages, a recent failed relationship that still hurts, lost my house in divorce number 2, sofa surfed for a few years and just survived a stressful career. I felt down at times and wasnt feeling great about being in a rut that I couldnt see a way out of. I have been skint, without a car, in pain, in debt, bereaved and unhappy.

That all sounds very dramatic but I guarantee you 100% that most people you see, know, envy, aspire to be etc etc have been through part, all or double that over their years. Its just life in its many forms, throwing you good times, bad times, ok times etc etc. Its spread over a lifetime so isnt as bad as it sounds. You will get through everything and you will grow and learn from it. All of lifes hurdles make you a better, more rounded compassionate person. Trust me, you will be totally fine and will one day be a daft old git like me telling a young lad with a great car and a life ahead of fantastic times that it will all be fine!

Im sorted now. Im retired, have my own house again where I want to be, am happy and enjoy life. I too sit on my own and watch the womens World Cup eating dinner Ive cooked etc but have found the sweet spot in life after several shots at it.

Remember, no matter how bad it gets, how down you feel, how frustrated you are, NOTHING lasts forever! The fact that you are open and honest enough to discuss this puts you head and shoulders above a fair percentage of people on the journey of life.

One last bit of advice if I can... live your life, do your thing and dont take any notice of the rubbish touted on social media. Most of it is smoke and mirrors. Dont worry about anything you cant change and dont worry about the things you can change...change them!

Finally, give Pete a ring. I wont say any more on that but after you have, you will know why I suggested it.

Good luck James and please PM if you ever fancy a catch up or a wee chat.

All the best, Steve
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Hi Steve, good to see you here again and hope all is good up there :thumbright:

sorry about the high jack
Steve

Post by Steve »

Will PM you Ali :thumbright:

Hows the week going James? Hope you are well and planning a run out in the car :thumbright:
James Vette

Post by James Vette »

I just want to say thank you guys for your comments and that I'm doing better. I did sell the stingray because I have no room for it and I want one in good condition anyway instead of a project but I was thinking my next one I could try daily driving so I would then have space for it and it would be a laugh. I just think life is too short to be boring so why not daily drive a stingray? Yes I'm crazy like that but why not? :) We will see... Also I've been eating healthier and that has already made a difference in my mental health and I'm trying to stop worrying about work and careers because it really stresses me out so I'm just blocking it out of my thoughts. Now I'm looking forward to my next stingray and see what adventure that brings me and I've been enjoying collecting sales brochures and a cool poster that I'll post photos of below. Hope you guys are enjoying your cars?
Attachments
IMG_4012.jpeg
IMG_4012.jpeg (193.04 KiB) Viewed 7624 times
IMG_4013.jpeg
IMG_4013.jpeg (204.8 KiB) Viewed 7624 times
IMG_4014.jpeg
IMG_4014.jpeg (250.67 KiB) Viewed 7624 times
IMG_4015.jpeg
IMG_4015.jpeg (183.45 KiB) Viewed 7624 times
IMG_4016.jpeg
IMG_4016.jpeg (323.37 KiB) Viewed 7624 times
IMG_4018.jpeg
IMG_4018.jpeg (191.95 KiB) Viewed 7624 times
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg (148.78 KiB) Viewed 7624 times
IMG_0668.jpeg
IMG_0668.jpeg (136.41 KiB) Viewed 7624 times
currently driving: 1971 stingray
Steve

Post by Steve »

Evening James....great to hear you are feeling better about things and well done. A few wee changes here and there make a really big difference!

I love your car but you seem to have a solid plan on where you are going with the next one. Cant wait to see what you end up with. There was an absolutely gorgeous gold one on here for sale recently. Dream material!

Im really into brochure art etc and have most of the 68 Polara ones available. Good fun hunting them down although the prices have crept up a bit now.

Keep up the good work James and again, well done for getting back on track and for letting us know you are ok,

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
TIB3300

Post by TIB3300 »

Morning James :thumbright:

Good to see your here :thumbright:

My life advice

This may not be the same for you?

But when life has been overwhelming for me, I have a tidy up in my head.

What I have frigged out is!!

I cant deal with worrying about cars "Project or not" when I have other stuff flying round my head :runaway!:

I now deal with all the important things first that can effect my life and well being, boring I know, but it helps in the long run. I can then enjoy playing with cars again.

ps' this is something I have learnt to do as I have got older, not something I have always done #-o
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Good to know you are better James :thumbright:

Keep doing what you can and looking for your next car is a good idea to relax and enjoy.

Good luck with the search.
James Vette

Post by James Vette »

Thanks guys. Just waiting for the right one to pop up for sale but I hope it doesn't take long...
Steve

Post by Steve »

Those brochures are really cool! I love stuff like that. Ive been colldcting cinema posters for about 40 years and love the ones with proper painted artwork. Im on a budget with them which actually makes it fun as its a challenge to find good ones in my price range. The artists were very talented and the brochures must have been amazing to see in the show rooms of the time.

Little hobbies like collecting etc keep me sane over the Winter months when its not always ideal to get out and do stuff with the car. Ive also started reading more as its a great way to keep your mind active and working. Its just too easy to put the telly on and get brainwashed with depressing news etc.
Steve

Post by Steve »

If I win the lottery, this is yours!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/chevrolet-co ... 635-2958-0
James Vette

Post by James Vette »

Couldn't agree more steve. Also that yellow stingray is stunning both inside and out! Easter yellow is the best yellow.
James Vette

Post by James Vette »

Update. My job at an opticians is going surprisingly very well and smooth now and I recently moved into my own annex double bedroom with ensuite. I have no idea how I went from being riddled with anxiety and depression and having no stable job and being treated like crap by nasty managers/bosses to now having it all. I guess the saying never give up is true. I think the only things I need now is a new stingray of course and a relationship. I'm not perfect but I try to be. Thank you to everyone that commented it really helped.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Well done, good to know that you are moving forward, all the best!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Good news James and well done :thumbright:

be patient and the other things will show up to, just keep on working on what you want and you will get there.

all the best :thumbright: