2012 challenger r/t

Use this section for discussion of modern Mopars, Charger/Challenger/300C etc. Do not post technical discussions here, use the Modern Mopar section under TECH.
Trevor Young

2012 challenger r/t

Post by Trevor Young »

Hi all, been a while since I have been on here, and have had my challenger 15 months now, its been a learning curve to say the least,
but now the car has a new set of EBC brakes that work really well, also a new mcleod rxt clutch, and a new rear main seal, engine oil replaced with redline 5/30 oil, trans and diff also changed with redline fluids.

Also I have replaced some front suspension parts, got the wheels road force balanced, and a four wheel alignment, the car now rolls nice, with no wobbles or brake judder.

Next on the list is to fit the Whiteline bush kit I have, and poly diff bushes, along with some BMR trailing arms and controll arms, to get the wheel hop under control.

probably spent more time working on the car than driving it over the last year, its been worth it though, now the car is driving ok, but at times I could have sold it, as it has tested my patience at times :evil: age also is a factor in this.

I remember doing my 70 wss challenger in my mates garage, finish work at Kawasaki newcastle about 5 ish, then up to his till 9 or 10 every night for nearly a year, but that was over 20 years ago :shock: :shock: now at 63 by the time work is over it takes a bit of determination to do stuff, but ill get there.

Hoping to do the Nats this year, as it was great going there in the years when we had the challenger, then the 68 charger, the kids used to love it, the whole family and camping gear stuffed into a big dodge and off we would go, great stuff! bye for now,

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL
Pete

Re: 2012 challenger r/t

Post by Pete »

Good to hear that you are keeping at it, and that you will have a great time at the Nats!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Trevor Young

Post by Trevor Young »

Thanks pete, i hope we get a good summer👍🏻👍🏻
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I was hoping to get to the Nats this year myself Trev. It's been a while for me too. :thumbright:
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Last time me and you were there Trev. :D
Attachments
224998_6339472698_1505_n.jpg
224998_6339472698_1505_n.jpg (43.26 KiB) Viewed 304 times
Trevor Young

Post by Trevor Young »

EEEE NA! :lol: :lol: :lol: what a hoot Dave, where has the time gone man!
I would like to get to the Nats if I can, I have to find out when summer shutdown is this year, as Nissan have moved the dates the last couple of summer shutdowns, so hopefully it will fall right, heres hoping!