70 Charger Instrument Binnacle Frame

Moderator: Moderators

Craig Jamieson

70 Charger Instrument Binnacle Frame

Post by Craig Jamieson »

Hello All

A very long shot but would anyone have a spare instrument dial housing/frame for a 70 charger rallye dash. It's the die cast frame that all the gauges mount to.

On tear down I've found that someone has hacked around with some of the mountings on my original and would like to replace as I start to refurb my instrument cluster.

Thank you
Charger

Re: 70 Charger Instrument Binnacle Frame

Post by Charger »

that’s a shame it’s been cut up

probably Duncan is your best bet in the UK …

... http://www.moparuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41492

don’t quote me but I ‘think’ you can use any 68 – 70 b body rallye dash instrument frame

the switchgear varies between different models and years but I believe that’s all taken care of by having the correct bezel / facia

for example the hazard flasher switch is in the instrument panel on a 68 but not on our 70’s it’s on the column, but my 70 rallye dash instrument frame still has the hole and mounting lugs for the 68 hazard flasher switch near the headlamp switch but it’s just blanked off by the bezel / facia, they also have provision for options such as rear screen demister where fitted

:thumbright:
Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
Craig Jamieson

Re: 70 Charger Instrument Binnacle Frame

Post by Craig Jamieson »

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated!

In the end I’ve bitten the bullet and bought a second hand one from the states. I thought the chances of finding a spare one over here was slim to none!