Clives 1970 Charger RT May Progress

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Clivey wrote:I tell you what curly (welcome by the way), I know its not an out and out race car but on the way home I squeezed her a little bit. Got the outboards to start opening and frig me does it take off. I was well suprised (remembering it is older than me and as heavy as an elephant with an eating disorder). From 60 to a good bit over 70 :oops: it was pulling very hard even on light throttle.
Clive,
Don't, Don't, Don't........ even consider going there ! Your cars too nice to go down that slope.

Take it to the track by all means, but Don't get the speed bug in you car.

Tis a dangerous path to tread :D :D
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Clivey wrote:remembering it is older than me and as heavy as an elephant with an eating disorder).
:lol:

Could'nt put it better meself Clivey , one heavy bitch.

:thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Nice one Clivey!!!!

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you (and very jealous lol, I love those 70's chargers). My car's progess is slow.... I need to wait until I have more money before I can continue on it as I 'may' opt for buying Control Freak's IRS :shock:

If you dont mind me asking, were you tempted to upgrade the suspension/steering system? I really dont like how 'floaty' my car feels as I approach above 70. I'm not saying I'd go above 70 on public roads tho :lol:

Hope you enjoy matey!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

72Mustang wrote:
If you dont mind me asking, were you tempted to upgrade the suspension/steering system? I really dont like how 'floaty' my car feels as I approach above 70. tho :lol:
In a word mate, no. Never considered it at all. The only 'enhancement' made to steering/suspension is an anti-roll bar out back and polygraphite suspension bushes. I am only interested in stock looking cars. Yes I love the racers but that really isnt my bag. I love disco music, tacky clothes, cop films and the whole 60/70's scene and the car to be part of it has to be as per factory.

Having said all of that, my car is a pleasure to drive and is no where near as vague as some Mopes I have driven. This was confirmed by one who has driven a LOT of them over the past few decades :lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Clivey wrote:
72Mustang wrote:
If you dont mind me asking, were you tempted to upgrade the suspension/steering system? I really dont like how 'floaty' my car feels as I approach above 70. tho :lol:
In a word mate, no. Never considered it at all. The only 'enhancement' made to steering/suspension is an anti-roll bar out back and polygraphite suspension bushes. I am only interested in stock looking cars. Yes I love the racers but that really isnt my bag. I love disco music, tacky clothes, cop films and the whole 60/70's scene and the car to be part of it has to be as per factory.

Having said all of that, my car is a pleasure to drive and is no where near as vague as some Mopes I have driven. This was confirmed by one who has driven a LOT of them over the past few decades :lol:
Yeah I totally understand your decision. Its something I've been thinking long and hard about as I don't want the car to lose it's identity as I also love the stock look. I just wanted to know what others had decided and why :)

Thanks,

Martin
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

the steering on most muzzys is light and vague over 70-80 ..like stirring custard... :D :D :D