Welder/fabricator?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Welder/fabricator?

Post by Anonymous »

Anyone know a very good fabricator / welder type person who doesn't charge huge rates? I was looking at the rear deck on the Amboat and I kinda fancy paying someone to do it. Or at least finding out how much it would cost. I don't know anyone who would do a good enough job really, and while its probably not beyond me, it would take me a veeeery long time...

Midlands area / South Yorks is ideal.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'd say Tony Froome would do it but I'd have to ask him first. Not sure what sort of money he'd want but the quality and the cost are directly proportional!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sounds interesting.... :) Don't go out of your way but if you get a chance to ask, let me know.

I do know a good fabrication place here but they want like ?60+ &VAT per hour which I don't think I can justify (or afford).

I think i'm probably looking for someone who doesn't put everything through the books...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What I'm looking for doing, is mainly the channel that sits betwwen the trnk rubber seal and the deck top itself (the "reveal" I think its technically called) which is peppered with rust and the lip the seal sits on is eaten away by the metal moths, also the top of the "tub" where the convertible top attaches, theres some signs all is not well there, and theres a U-section which I guess is supposed to collect water running off the top, well thats lace and cobwebs now.

So its fiddly stuff, and I'd like the U-section doing as a section and spot welding in as per factory.

Ideally...
GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

I know an excellent fabricator and engine builder John, very reasonable but he lives down South, on the Isle of Shepey. Give him a call on 07840690713.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hmmm... Might be a bit of a PITA bing so far out. I'll bear him in mind though, cheers