What seats?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

What seats?

Post by Anonymous »

Hi guys just trying to sort out some seat covers, when I realised I think I have differant seats to the covers I were going to order!
Excuse the mess inside the car, its all stripped out now but see if you know what they are.
They dont have the covers that have little squares around the base and lower back.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/575004

Cheers guys, not that bothered if they are incorrect, just want them to not let the car down when its done \:D/
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Blimey Morgan, you haven't made it easy for us mate!

Anyway, they look to me like standard B Body buckets as fitted to the 70 Runner.

Any chance of getting a better shot, I've got loads of reference...and loadsa seats come to that! 8)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Guy

Post by Guy »

They look e-body seats to me :?
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

This is about the best shot of the B body buckets I'm talking about...are these the ones?

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sorry mate it is an old photo!
I was supposed to get a digi camera today, but forgot to buy one.
Might nip up to my dads to fetch his, all it is I can get my hands on some covers for standard charger seats, not this type, anyone got any?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

No Ivor,
I have just been down and had a look,
they have stiched lines running from the headrest part of the bucket seat back, to the bottom.
The base has stiched lines again, from the back to the front.
Now, they look like charger seats I see in the cars on ebay now,but the stiching is in (hard to describe) 3 sets of 4 lines or 3 blocked lines containing 4 stiched lines, for example each block has a centre stiched panel say 1 1/2" wide then 2 outer stiched line both say 1/2" for example

-------------------------
X3

Hope thats confused everyone! oh dear,
:-k
anyone got any normal seats? :help:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

I think I need a picture! :?

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Holly

Post by Holly »

They look like regular 1970 + high-back buckets to me, the pic is stock '70 Charger, others had variations on the padding, but were the same headrest/back/frame. Dunno if this helps, thoug ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hiya James
They look like those but dont have that pattern lower down or on the base.
Now the covers I can get are the same as those, I think they would fit.
I do have a trimming company we use I suppose if I get stuck.
Please someone say yeah they will probably fit!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Difficult to be sure from that photo Morgan, but they look very much like my 70 Coronet R/T seats. They're definitely not Charger seats. I recently restored mine with new uphostery from http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/ which I would recommend highly.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah thats em!!!! =D>
Nice one!
Now, do I replace the seats for charger seats? or the covers to charger covers? or replace the covers with the originals? does any of that matter?
Holly

Post by Holly »

I'd think a proper Auto trimmer could make either fit either seat, but it'd be easier if you get the right ones for your seats, rather than the right ones for the car (assuming you're not worried about originality).
Adam

Post by Adam »

Morgan, the seats will require modification for the Charger covers to fit. The centre of the seat cushion on the Charger seats is pinned down on 4 sides instead of 3, and has different foam rubber. Not impossible, but I'd recommend sticking with the right covers for the seats. Each of my seats took a day to fit!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I know I am perhaps a bit of a heathen but if you like your seats then re-cover them rather than replacing them with charger seats (it's cheaper too!)
Besides any money you save on the interior can go on the engine/exterior!