....Well I'll be the first to say it.

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

newport100

Post by newport100 »

Yep

Loved it !t took my Boy Ben as usual and also my 10 year old daughter mollie- They loved it as much as me-

didnt race this year and found it a much more chilled out weekend- just watching

Thanks to all my fellow campers down at the finish line end- top notch bunch and really the sort of company that makes this event so good! :thumbright: :thumbright:
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Just today this year but had a great time nonetheless, saw a LOT of people and it was great to catch up!!

Two people I missed in spite of chasing around trying to grab:
Jeff - sorry I could not get you just wanted to wish you all the best in Canada in person, well never mind I'll do it here instead. Enjoy yourself and don't forget us all!
Dave - wanted to congratulate you on being a very worthy runner up best in show, again didn't manage to grab you (did spot you close by once but looked up and you'd gone!). Your car typifies many of the best things I like about Mopars - speed, ingenuity, hands-on built it yourself, etc etc. and with all you've been through recently to boot, a thoroughly deserved award :thumbright: Well done!
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
JC

nats

Post by JC »

only went on the Sunday had a great day nice to see the old faces and to see some really nice cars a fun day that's what its all about. a BIG thank you to all the hard work the guys do to make it happen.
phil442

Post by phil442 »

Yep - agree with most of the above.

Bogs - excellent
Racing - excellent
Chat etc - excellent
Weather - Exce......well as good as can be expected judging by the summer so far!.
Food - excellent (thanks Deb & Ivor)
Drive down in a superb 600 bhp Trans Am - excellent (if a bit hairy in the wet) - thanks Budgie :thumbright:
Drive back in a Superbee - can't really comment as I didn't see much of the journey (no wipers & Bananarama! down) - thanks Budgie :roll:
Ivor/Clivey commentary - had a good chuckle

Thanks to all who work hard to make it happen - NATS committee & MMA stand personnel.
Congratulations to all winners - I would take the black 68 charger with the red stripes & hemi - thank you. :lol:

Looking forward to next year already.....maybe even in my own car again.
Last edited by phil442 on Mon Jul 27, 09 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Glad I made it on Saturday, albeit in Evie's Pug as the Shelby is having intermittent leccy problems - it was great to catch up with people (though I never seem to see everyone I wanted to at the Nats) watch some racing, see great cars both new and old and get sunburnt to boot!

The loos were indeed spotless, I was impressed :D

Well done to Dave, an award well earned :thumbright: shame 11s will have to wait 'till next year ;)
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

:D Awsome,fantastic,brill,not even the rain can dampen the hearts of Mopar men.
Thursday evening was great,met some of the 'cloaked ones' so now can put faces to the alias's and you know who you are,a special mention to Simon who is carrying on the Kev tradition of wacky drinks ...JELLY BABIES IN VODKA!!!!!!!!...It seems so wrong and yet...We will need to develop some other mind blowing witchs brew,hey one that has just come to mind is rum and cola cubes............Simon get down to lab.
Other than the slight moistness in the air Friday all went well, congrats to the band in the evening,and a fair turn out on the cruise too ,well marshalled.
Saturday GOD must have remembered it was the Nats and all was well,boy the racing was good and the weather was as hot as the cars.The evening doo was Brilliant and the band excellent,may have had a couple too many though!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday was rain free and the racing started earlier ,my 7.00 am alarm call came from the 70 roadrunner with open headers parked close by ,many thanks as I hate sleeping in after a heavy night.
To the organisers and all those who helped making the weekend so good a HUGE THANK YOU,just fantastic, well done to Dave on what is a Challenger to die for,and a real gentleman too.
Special thanks to Richard ,Tim,Jim and Tony ,if you ever wondered if all your hard work is appreciated ,IT IS AN UNRESONDING YES ,YES,YES.
It is the high light of many peoples year and this was no exception and am already counting down to the next.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Didn't see you James, must check my shots of the Grandstand ....I can usually spot most folks lurking up there. Were you in disguise? :?
Holly

Post by Holly »

DrogoBroadband wrote:Didn't see you James, must check my shots of the Grandstand ....I can usually spot most folks lurking up there. Were you in disguise? :?
For the second time, its Holly now :evil:

I saw you a fair bit but you seemed busy every time ;)
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Don't tell me you sneaked up to the stand to see me Holly and I didn't recognise you...now that's just not fair if you did!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tony O, sorry about the "MIX UP" at the trophy awards :oops: :oops: :oops: well done again you guy`s for organising a "GGGGRRRREEEEAAATTT" weekend.

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
Holly

Post by Holly »

Ivor wrote:Don't tell me you sneaked up to the stand to see me Holly and I didn't recognise you...now that's just not fair if you did!
No, but I would have done if I could have found you, lol
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Top weekend! Top marks organisers for sorting out the facilities and top marks to the pod for really having their act together! 8-)

Even after some arseholes went on a wrecking spree in the bogs and trashed all the roll holders and chucked bottles into the show and shine area, you couldn't tell by 8am in the morning! :shock: 8-) Top marks to the staff! The bog cleaners were so on form, I thought they were going to ask for a clean arse inspection before I went in! :shock: :D Maybe that's what Guy was up to in Nana's photo. :lol:

Great weekend, great cruise down and back in two awesome cars (Cheers Budge. ;) ) Great mates, great beers, great organistaion, great event. :thumbright:

Great tea and bacon Ivor, great Gazebo Philth. :D

Great workout pushing the Ratster up the fire up lane. :lol:
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Holly I didn't have a clue who the hell you were for about 10 seconds when you came up to me. :lol:
Because you looked familiar I had a moment of panic because I thought you might be an ex-girlfreind or something and the wife was standing next to me. :help: :lol:

It is a very brave thing you have done and you have my total respect.
Good for you girl. ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Nats were great all round, bogs were vey well kept aswell haha.

Fair play to Tony O and the boys great weekend.

Weldone to Ivor and the MMA boys for keeping on top of things....cracking weekend thanks fellas.

Oh congrads to Dave R on his award, long time getting that car were it is now...champion stuff Dave.