Gauges

Moderator: Moderators

Alex

Post by Alex »

Not sure about the clock reset on an E body, but the speedo needle will prize off with a gentle tug
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

reading from the instructions that came with my gauge decals..
'when pulling off speedo needle (while turning it backwards), FIRMLY hold the wheel from being pulled forward foward the front off the speedo. Else u could break the small plastic shaft bearing on the front plate.'

to install the needle, put it on at 20mph position and turn it backward to 0 whilst pressing it on
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Pretty sure the clock re-set just pulls off.

Touching the dails will smudge the surface. Be carefull. I just prised mine off carefully.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

sorry that 2nd fowarard shoulda been 'toward'

not had mine out yet but yes sounds like you have to hold something else it gets broken
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Wait. I am trying to remember.

The clock button doesn't unscrew does it? Try that first. If you pull to adjust what happens when you push and turn?

Whatever the answer it cannot be difficult because I managed! :shock:

It replaced the guts on mine with the guts from an electric clock. I got fed up with repairing the electro-mechanical works.
The adjustment button does not work any more. If fact it went missing because it was shooting out of the dash every time I launched at the strip. :roll:

To set the time I just wait until the real time matches what is on the clock and then connect the battery! Sounds daft I know. Because it is! I will get round to getting it fixed one day.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

DING!

Maybe I should get a memory stick for my head? I could put one in each ear and have an extra 500Mb. :?