Recommissioning my '68 Charger

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

MattH

Post by MattH »

Excellent news on the MOT, always a good milestone. Glad to see this car has found a good home and got back on the road. I hope to see it for real soon as it is in the same county as me.

Lewis, maybe you can get to Thunder Road Cars open day in Cheshunt on Sunday 25th? It would a nice run for the car, even if the tyres are a bit old, just go steady.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
theseoldcars

Post by theseoldcars »

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. Glad to have crossed that hurdle.
MattH wrote:Lewis, maybe you can get to Thunder Road Cars open day in Cheshunt on Sunday 25th? It would a nice run for the car, even if the tyres are a bit old, just go steady.
I'd love to but I'm in London that weekend. I do intend to take the Dodge out soon, though. A new set of Radial T/As has just arrived, too! :thumbright:
theseoldcars

Post by theseoldcars »

morgan wrote:I'm with Rebel. Age related all the way. Mine was on a '79 T when I got it and I got an 'F' assigned. I like the 'F' as quite a few people are shocked how old it is. Charger doesnt actually look like a near 50yr old design.
I must look into this, as I would quite like to put an age-related plate on it. Does anyone know what the current process is for obtaining an age-related plate? I've looked at the official websites but they don't seem to cover that exact topic, only applying for an age-related plate for a new import.
theseoldcars

Post by theseoldcars »

R.RUNNER wrote: P.S You should have kept the GM. ;)
I would have but, at the time, I ran out of money, time and space! :lol:

I sold it to a friend, though, so it hasn't just disappeared into the void. It's still going strong!
MattH

Post by MattH »

theseoldcars wrote:
morgan wrote:I'm with Rebel. Age related all the way. Mine was on a '79 T when I got it and I got an 'F' assigned. I like the 'F' as quite a few people are shocked how old it is. Charger doesnt actually look like a near 50yr old design.
I must look into this, as I would quite like to put an age-related plate on it. Does anyone know what the current process is for obtaining an age-related plate? I've looked at the official websites but they don't seem to cover that exact topic, only applying for an age-related plate for a new import.
Just ask me, I have got alot of club cars back onto age related plates. i need proof of the VIN and maybe fender tag then i write to DVLA telling them what the numbers mean and that it is a 68 not a 79. Easy peasy, ask Morgan. I've even managed to get some off Q plates for members.
Send me a PM and I can explain what you need to e-mail me.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

yay another mopar local to me

I will keep my eyes peeled

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
sidewaysjas

68 Charger

Post by sidewaysjas »

Hi Lewis,

Love the look of your Charger, seems like you are rattling through the jobs quick enough. I've got a '69 and although I've thought of selling it I always change my mind and keep it. They kind of get under your skin.
Will keep following your posts
Jas :thumbright:
'wouldn't change if I could'
theseoldcars

Post by theseoldcars »

Well, a job change and a whole host of other things conspired to stop me writing about the Dodge... but it's finally time to start again. It's even legal, these days - but I'll be getting to that soon.

First (new) update here: http://goo.gl/7IYMxc

Last edited by theseoldcars on Sat Jul 09, 16 12:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Excellent!

You realise the Mopar Nats at the end of July is now a "Must-do!"
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Raminduction

Post by Raminduction »

Brilliant write up - love the car !!