Will's Dodge Charger General lee web page updated

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Will's Dodge Charger General lee web page updated

Post by Anonymous »

I have updated my site, some of the pics you will have seen on the old message board, but newcomers may find them interesting

http://www.datsunworld.com/dodge4

Will
Holly

Post by Holly »

Pic 48 would look perfectly Hazzard county ... if it weren't for the Datsun ;)

Could also do with renaming 'In Barn' to 'AutoBarn'? :D

Anyway, nice pics ... the General must be nearly finished now?
Anonymous

update on car

Post by Anonymous »

mainly interior and engine swap.

Put one of the door decals on today. might get a pro to do the other door and definately the roof becuase i got a few bubbles in the RH one.

also i have been painting the bits of interior that were the wrong colour with this vinyl paint stuff, it's fab!

Not got my headliner in yet, but its kinda half in. i dont have any clampy tools to get any further at the mo
Alex

Post by Alex »

Use loads of soapy water on the decals mate, that helps loads, trust me!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I second what Alex said. I used lots of soapy water. I was a bit concerned about doing the flag on mine but found it was easier than the 01's as the soapy water didn't run off the roof like it did on the doors. I had plenty of time to get it positioned right. The edge of my flag was damaged slightly during shipping and 2 corners wouldn't stick down but a little warmth from a hair drier sorted this out, the crinkled edge flattened out nicely and thankfully the corners stuck down and stayed down............... Matt.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Looks fantastic Matt. I was just concerned with trapping moisture under the vinyl, i mean, surely SOMTHING must remain, and gradually eat into the paint? Wondered if the pro's used some kind of stuff that wasnt water based.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Nope, they all use soapy water, lay the decal on then onceit is slipped into the right spot, squeegee it from the centre outwards, the water will all come out.

I did all the decals on Pete's 'Bird this way, worked a charm.