Gav's 71 Challenger Convertible - Panther Pink, SB stroker

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Great work Gavin, top drawer stuff. Thats the way to do it :D
Holly

Post by Holly »

Its been a long time, but when its done its going to look super cool 8-)
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Nice one Gav. 8-)

There will come a point where it will suddenly seem to start coming together very quick because of all the careful preperation you have done. So keep at it because there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Thats the best write up Ive read so far! Man, I get all tingly reading it and looking at the pictures!! :oops:
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, they really are appreciated!! It's easy to lose sight of the finishing line when you're locked away in the garage, so a bit of encouragement goes a long way!

This is a classic case of 'one thing led to another'!! Given the extent of the rust I kind of had no choice, but if the car had been basically sound this would have been a respray and a new engine. However, this way I'll end up with a much nicer car, and completely customised to what I want in all departments, so that's great. The only downside is the time! I really enjoy working on the car (well most of the time :D ) but ultimately it's a means to an end...DRIVING it!
So I also look forward to it's completion, I assure you it will be no trailer queen!
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

With some members, it is difficult for the majority of us to "put a car to the face" so to speak. Sadly Mr. Chisolm you were one of em for me. Have to say though, top respectgoes to both the car, and standard of work / level of effort you have put in.

Its going to be a very poular car when its done and will get in mags all over the place when its done I reckon.
1.) its a chally convertible
2.) its Panther Pink
3.) its beautifully put together.

We all like to be positive with each others cars, but yours really is a well restored motor.

Well done mate. :)
Jon

Post by Jon »

With some members, it is difficult for the majority of us to "put a car to the face" so to speak
thats why he has it written under all his posts Clivey :lol:

looking good gavin 8-)
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Well, Gavin old bean,

Obviously my offer to come over and help you Bananarama! by Christmas has provided the additional inspiration you need!

I have to admire your dedication and attention to detail, what's more, I can now see why it's taken so long...however, I can see absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be driving Mister Pink to the 2007 Nats, so if it's not ready by then, I want you outside my office first thing! ;)

Well done mate, terrific work :)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Cheers boys!
Ivor, sorry I did not respond to your offer, thought I should let you know what you'd be letting yourself in for :D :D .

Actually, as you might imagine, it has taken a while to put this thread together (been meaning to do it for ages, but I do have a car to work on 8-) ) but I thought I'd finally get it done before the Nats cos pictures paint a thousand words and all that!

Agreed, I'll be disappointed if it is not out next year........
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Make sure you have a backup of all those photos Gav.....sods law and all that! But I'll bet you can get it back together from memory anyway ;)
RoelB

Post by RoelB »

Absolutely stunning Gavin !!!
Kev

Post by Kev »

Mister Pink
I'm gonna ask Mr Pink if he has rights to his name, Mr Ivor!
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Kev, if I was that cat I would most certainly NOT be very happy about being called Mr. Pink, and I am not sure I would be overly impressed with my pink collar. The poor animal will grow up with "issues". :lol:
Matt

Post by Matt »

Nice one Gav , that's a whole lotta good work.
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

I would not want to upset the feline Mr Pink (actually he looks a bit annoyed already in that picture :shock: ) so I'll just have to pass on the opportunity to name my car that!
It will remain 'The Dodge'....

However, you might find that another, earlier 'Mr Pink' (Ed Pink of racing engine fame) already has copyright!