Metalcast anodizing paint

Moderator: Moderators

MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Headlights, nice one!
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If you cant get that paint Blue, try your local stationary store for some stained glass paint, it should do the job! ;)
Blue

Post by Blue »

I've got it, I'll give it a go Tomorrow.....
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Did you do it yet blue? how'd it turn out, might give mine another go, a little bit streaky but the colour is perfect! :thumbright:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Yes I did, perfect results! I did have it confirmed by a friend of Ronnie who also owns an original car, that this was the stuff to use. I painted my clear fronted plastic lights, and also tried it on an old pair of sealed beams I had kicking around. As you can see from the photo, when the lights are on, there is still a slight green tinge on the coloured light on the left compared to the original on the right. I am hoping this cheapo HID kit (if it ever arrives) will pretty much bleach it out as they are so much brighter. I don't think this would be so much of a problem with the blue.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

A guy here at work just got pulled for having blue side light bulbs fitted. He had only just bought the car the day before and didn't even know they were fitted!
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Yes,blue lights are illegal. This is from an Ebay guide.

I've come to find time and time again, people don't understand that a blue headlight or sidelight is illegal in the U.K

How do i know? I've been pulled over by the police that many time's it takes the pi**

It make's me laff that people sell this type of light time and time again, but alway's says it's FULLY ROAD LEGAL IN EUROPE 'E' marked. Have you never looked to see if it is? Well i guess'd mine was,

Just like you i'm always looking for the HID look of light for my headlights, or sidelights, Tho you're never find one, as the lights you find on here that say HID or xeon, are just some light with a blue tint to it. They will never look like xeon or HID lights, you'd need a kit for this, or just new lights for around about £200+, or just buy a BMW.

My Point here is, That in the U.K it's aillegal to have blue headlights or sidelights, You can get away with a tint of blue in the main headlight as i have, But you're see alot of blue light's just for the side's Please people don't buy them, you're wasting you're time, They are 100% illegal even if they say E marked it's crap, E marked just means they have past a test to be sold. Please don't beleave me???? Ask a M.O.T station as they are an M.O.T failure,. I should know, it happend to me and i had to take mine out!

And another light, L.E.D are also M.O.T failures, And also if they are blue, there illegal.

Well i can see some people reading this, saying (No There Not) Well all i can say is ask a M.O.T test station and they will show you they are, or just pop to you locall police, or ask them when you see them in the street, i did. i'm so 100% they will tell you this, ill give you £10 if im wrong.

If you want to be safe just go with the Brighter, whiter lights you see on here , they tint blue as they get hotter! And theres a nice guy on here who will sell you good lights and not rip you off

But as with all the cars i've had now, When ever i replace the lights with tinted blue one's your find that they are darker then white ones, More the blue the less you can see on the roads. Test it you'reself, put a white light and a blue one, see which one looks better when you point your headlights at a wall, or even better still put the blue tint headlight in, point them at a wall, then put you FULL main beam on, Your see that the full beam over powers the blue tint or xeon light you think you have.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Fully agree, it's illegal to have any light at the front that isn't white when it's on or flash amber if it's an indicator. You will see many an HGV with coloured marker lights on the roof, these are illegal. I'm still experimenting with this one and if it doesn't work out they will have to be for show only.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Blue wrote:Fully agree, it's illegal to have any light at the front that isn't white when it's on or flash amber if it's an indicator. You will see many an HGV with coloured marker lights on the roof, these are illegal. I'm still experimenting with this one and if it doesn't work out they will have to be for show only.
But are they lighter (as in weight less)????
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Blue

Post by Blue »

Dunno yet...
Pete

Post by Pete »

Looks VERY cool, though.

Has Blue turned to the dark side and finally fitted something that looks cool but weighs more ??? "Form" over "Function" at last??? :help:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Pete

Post by Pete »

BTW, "Sticker-tastic" !!! :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That looks very cool! i may go back to the drawing board, mine look great from a distance but up close they have streaks, but the colour is perfect!
I love the way your car looks now, SWEET :thumbright: