Poll!

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Should we be offered a reduced rate if we wish to opt out of Connected?

Yes, I believe we should be offered the opportunity to opt out of recieving Connected so I can save money and be able to stay a member.
19%
No, its a vital part of the Club for most people.
49%
I dont know, I dont care, And why are you always such an argumentative Tit?
32%

Total votes: 69

Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I was just about to post the same reponse as the man above. :thumbright:
1968 Ford Fairlane 500 Wimbledon White. Currently a 302 auto but to be 410 4 speed.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

are joint members allowed to have separate logins on the board?
Philth

Post by Philth »

The MMA is advertised in Practical Classics in the CLUB section at the back, along with the hundreds of Ford Cortina clubs!!!

Compared to some car club memberships I personally think that the MMA (and Connected) is an absolute bargain!

Let's be thankful that the club isn't split into 'factions' (eg. like some Ford clubs) as this generates unnecessary rivalries and even some downright hostilities!

And whatever happened to 'Spacenut'??!!

Keep calm - carry on.
1973 Dodge Challenger
MMA 616
Gringo

Post by Gringo »

SteveCase wrote:Maybe the renewal date should be changed so as not to be too close to Christmas? Perhaps this would help people out a bit? Maybe March-March, when there's no shows etc? :thumbright:
Totally agree... :thumbright:

I think the club magazine is great. I'm more interested in reading that than say Classic American. It costs less, gives me discounts to shows, insurance discounts, is cheaper, and isn't full of Fyords and Chubbys... :thumbright:
Kev

Post by Kev »

WillDatsun wrote:are joint members allowed to have separate logins on the board?
Yes, do you remember Hemi the Cat posting?
The QCA Club over here dishes out a very thin b&w mag which is also available online in colour PDF.
I don't pay extra as a overseas MMA member, but for years paid for me and my cat as joint membership just as a little Brucie Bonus for the Club. Fair Dinkum?
Does anyone know of anyone not on the Net? Even me 72yr old Ma Emails and Skypes..........
7.30am and 26.5c, just going for a dip in the pool.......
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Kev

Post by Kev »

<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
morgan

Post by morgan »

Getting bored of this.
Those who run this club do a great job.
Connected needs to be on paper to reach the masses and be readable on my bog.

Matt is right. Variable subscription rates will strangle some aspects of the club, and be an admin headache for someone. I note that the people who selflessly give up their time administering this club (it doesnt happen on its own you know) are not the ones moaning. Given the time/effort/cost to these people they must wonder why they bother with some of these threads.

£27 against the cost of running a mopar ? Some people have got the wrong hobby.
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

There's some free advertising for the club,via Connected that most won't realise. ;)

Many times,when browsing stands at autojumbles,I've found old copies of the mag for sale,not just at American shows.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Rich

Post by Rich »

morgan wrote:Getting bored of this.

Matt is right. Variable subscription rates will strangle some aspects of the club, and be an admin headache for someone. I note that the people who selflessly give up their time administering this club (it doesnt happen on its own you know) are not the ones moaning. Given the time/effort/cost to these people they must wonder why they bother with some of these threads.

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: Nail and head are springing to mind here.Why is it when you read through threads like this,some one always post what you wanted to say,but put it better? :thumbright: :thumbright: :

Top Banana Morgan...
MattH

Post by MattH »

First and foremost this is a car CLUB , not an internet creation. The club existed before web forums were a common thing, and before many of us had home computers. The club is in its 13th year now, and I am proud to be part of it.
There are alot of forums available now for anything you can think of.
If you look at car CLUBS as a whole, I think the majority still have a similar format to the MMA of annual membership, newsletter, discounts, valuations, insurance, tech advice. Some of them also have forums but not all. If forums are the way forward and there is no need for the other aspects, then I can see the club scene as a whole in the classic car movement suffering as a result and going the way of the British Empire. Maybe I'm too old fashioned now at 39, and should let progress take over.
I agree the forum is a fabulous tool, a great advertising medium and a great way to communicate, but it is not the only part of the club.
If magazines have had their day, why is WHSmith still in every town?
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

In the next edition of Connected I will be looking at the future of the MMA and asking for feedback from the members, particularly those that don't frequent the message board.

I think the services the club offers, together with Connected and the message board, perform a valuable service in the world of Muscle Cars but we can't be complacent, so if anyone has a great idea to move things forward it will be given serious consideration and if the majority of members want it and it's practical, it can be implemented.

Judging vast majority of responses, I don't think we are doing a bad job but slicing up the membership according to services required is in my view a big step backwards.
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
andyrob

Post by andyrob »

I agree ivor & just another job for somebody to do, so the minority can save a couple of quid.
life is not a spectator sport

www.andyrobinson.eu
andy robinson

68 572 coronet RT
72 440 chrysler new yorker
69 518 daytona
Holly

Post by Holly »

Not to be mis-interpereted, I just feel like the world is moving on and (sooner or later) printed media will be obsolete; just see the proliferation of eBook readers. I'm talking about moving with the times rather than "saving a few quid"
Philth wrote:And whatever happened to 'Spacenut'??!!
She got upset over some stuff said here on the forums then lost interest after her car sold.
Gringo

Post by Gringo »

RichDeb wrote:
morgan wrote:Getting bored of this.

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: Nail and head are springing to mind here.Why is it when you read through threads like this,some one always post what you wanted to say,but put it better? :thumbright: :thumbright: :

Top Banana Morgan...
Spot on... :thumbright:
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

I've said it before but...I could fill a page on the parts/knowledge that keeps my Mopar on the road. It came from here. £27??? imagine if Blue, Dave (both of 'em), Brutus,Dunc etc charged consultation fees for their services, we'd all be broke ;)