Pressed plates

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Demon James

Pressed plates

Post by Demon James »

Could anyone tell me where to get pressed number plates for my car, oh and what are the legalities? Thanks :)
morgan

Post by morgan »

statesplates

Used to operate just by fax machne. Will see if I have contact details.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
sublimemike
Location: oxford - the dreaming spires where cars in the city are banned

Post by sublimemike »

OK up to "73 no?
if you think speed kills don't get on a plane
Jules

Post by Jules »

Always used them. Never been tugged.

States Plates are now operating out of France :shock:

Bought a set a while ago for someone. Came through ok no hassles.

http://www.states-plates.com/

:thumbright:
Of All The Senses, The Common One Is The Most Rare !!

MMA/750
AL

Post by AL »

Got mine at States plates.For pre73 more or less legal if you stick to accepted colours.You can have 60,70 or 80mm letters.I ticked 70 but got 80s. :(
Or there is a German company posted on here some time ago presses authentic plates.
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

Cheers guys, perfect :thumbright: The car is a 71, should I have black on white on the front and black on yellow on the rear? My mates got white on black on his 69 Mussy but I dont mind the first type. Anything looks better than smooth plastic :)
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

I think you can get away with white (or yellow) numbers/letters on a black background as your car is pre 73 if you'd prefer to have a black plate.

If you mean the 'US' style plates, I'd go for States Plates (they do have a website now) as the one we used before (the one in Germany that Al mentioned) dont now appear to do the old white/yellow on black plates like the early California plates we got from them a few years ago...

http://www.platemyride.com/plate-simula ... te-plates/

But... if you dont want US style plates, you can get silver on black pressed steel plates, like the old UK style, from Halfords. Tell them you've got a limited space to fit the plate (like the recess in the bumper) and you can get away with motorcycle size plates as they have smaller text ;)
autofetish

Post by autofetish »

[quote="RobTwin"] dont now appear to do the old white/yellow on black plates like the early California plates we got from them a few years ago...

quote]

Yes they still do and can do anything above or below the plate eg. California state can be (MMA is the nuts)

If any one need a special plate made let me know and i can help with
de lingo
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Ok thanks, I just couldnt see it on the website :?

Very quick service too - think I ordered it online on the Monday and received the plates on the Weds that same week. Quality-wise, they were spot on too. Near as dammit identical to the original black CA plates we got with the car (except the reg of course ;) )
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

Been on states plates now, thanks for that everyone they look spot on. Filling in the top line with date and car type looks cool but what to put along the bottom ......hmmmmmmmm. :D On second thought's I think hmmmmmmmm might look a bit odd :D
autofetish

Post by autofetish »

The best i have seen is Blue has

8-) ( Cut it up and race it ) 8-)
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Jimfish wrote:Been on states plates now, thanks for that everyone they look spot on. Filling in the top line with date and car type looks cool but what to put along the bottom ......hmmmmmmmm. :D On second thought's I think hmmmmmmmm might look a bit odd :D
Just put MOPAR!! :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

( Cut it up and race it )
Love it :lol: Just plain and simple MOPAR is good, even better if they could do a :thumbright: ! Maybe I should run a competition, the prize being that person seeing their amusing quip adorning my plates ;) . Hang on, why do I feel this opens me up ? :?
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Jimfish wrote:

( Cut it up and race it )
Love it :lol: Just plain and simple MOPAR is good, even better if they could do a :thumbright: ! Maybe I should run a competition, the prize being that person seeing their amusing quip adorning my plates ;) . Hang on, why do I feel this opens me up ? :?

Just put that at the bottom with a pair of opposing hands! :lol:
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

:lol: :D :lol: Trigger_Andy is most definatly in first place so far for suggesting that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: