NEC Classic and Sportscar Show 2016 - Thanks!!!

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Pete

NEC Classic and Sportscar Show 2016 - Thanks!!!

Post by Pete »

Well, after a pretty hectic and non-stop (long) weekend, I have started unpacking; and so have a few minutes to reflect.

Firstly, I have to say what a fantastic event it was this year, and in some respects it was the MMA's most strongest showing for quite some time.

I think the stand looked absolutely fantastic. There are many reasons for this.

Firstly, Steve Bilson took issue with the NEC over our allocation last year, and his efforts ensured that we had been alloted one of the most prime locations and best sized stand. Hat's off to Steve - it made all the difference.

Secondly, Matt and Mandie researched the available presentation material and purchased (at some cost) some brilliant "pop-up" Banners and tall feathers - all bespoke in the MMA Livery. These really mad the stand look more modern and progressive and it looked really professional. Thanks for all your efforts.

Thirdly, we had some tremendous cars on the stand; and I have to thank Simon and Anne-Marie; John and Nicola, Adrian and John Breen for not only providing some stunning cars for the display; but also for giving their time.

For me the people were really the stars of the show and the way they interacted with some (less informed) members of the public with a cheerful smile and good grace.

I had an absolutely fantastic time and all the team really gelled and it was an absolute pleasure spending time with each and every one of the MMA family.

It was also really good to see a steady stream of members, both new and old; visiting the stand - all with great anecdotes. It also boosted the Mopar credibility by virtue of having two Mopars on the nearby Classic American car of the year stand (Gavin's wonderful 1970 6 Pak 'Cuda and JC's stunning Big 'Bird). Craig's beautiful '68 R/T Charger was on the Pre-50's stand next to us.

Finally, the last thanks must go to that great and unsung hero Steve Bilson who organised absolutely everything behind the scenes so that it took the worry and strain away from those exhibiting, and made everything run like clockwork with the minimum of hassle.

Well done. Steve; it is just a shame that one of the girls on a nearby stand had to place a restraining order on him - his case comes up next week!!!

Here's to 2017!

All the best

Pete.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

Well done to you too Pete, and a big thanks for all the time and effort everyone put in to promote 'our' club.

Although I couldn't make it this year, it sounds like a great event. Well done to all who made it happen. :thumbright:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Bilko wrote:Well done to you too Pete, and a big thanks for all the time and effort everyone put in to promote 'our' club... :
Hear hear :thumbright:
Bilko wrote:....Although I couldn't make it this year, it sounds like a great event. Well done to all who made it happen. :thumbright:
I was wondering about that Steve, weren't you supposed to be a judge on the CA stand, seeing as you won it last year? :-k
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

RobTwin wrote:I was wondering about that Steve, weren't you supposed to be a judge on the CA stand, seeing as you won it last year? :-k
First I've heard of that Rob! I've had no contact from CA since last year.

Does anybody know who won it this year? My money was on John's Superbird.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Ok sorry Steve, that's how I understood it. Maybe they've changed that over the last few years - pretty sure Gavin (bronze 440+6 cuda) was invited back as a judge the year after he won it with (I think) his Camaro...
JC

stand

Post by JC »

Well Done you lot great stand nice cars all in all fab job.
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

Okay, after a bit of searching I found out that the '66 Corvette won Classic American Car of the Year.

Must have been something special to get the vote over JC's Superbird!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Kind words Pete and was my pleasure to sort the background stuff out. It went well and I echo your comments re members / cars etc. Without the support from Adrian, John, Jon, Nicola, Anne Marie and Simon, with their time and great cars, we wouldn't have had such a great weekend. Thank you for all your support and advice Pete. It is very comforting to know that you are at the helm to help with any issues that arise.

I cannot deny that 'Batgirl' got me all hot and bothered (Im not made of wood you know) and hopefully Simon will be along soon with some of the photos that I 'commissioned'

Cheers Steve
:love10:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Steve wrote:....I cannot deny that 'Batgirl' got me all hot and bothered (Im not made of wood you know) and hopefully Simon will be along soon with some of the photos that I 'commissioned'

Cheers Steve
:love10:
I thought I'd keep you in suspenders for a bit longer... ;)
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Remind me Steve - which one did you have the hots for?

(apologies for the camera shake..... don't ask :shock: )

R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

Well done "You Lot".......... :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

:P :P :P
Attachments
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG (53.62 KiB) Viewed 5550 times
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
Pete

Post by Pete »

You old softie, Runner! ;)

Great to see everyone there!

Next year will have to be pretty damn good to top this year's effort.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Pete wrote:You old softie, Runner! ;)

Great to see everyone there!

Next year will have to be pretty damn good to top this year's effort.
Just get Andy Robinson to bring all his cars down. Job done :thumbright: :lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Tried and failed, mate...... :cry:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Pete wrote:Tried and failed, mate...... :cry:
Shame :(