Line Lock Installation

Moderator: Moderators

Kev

Post by Kev »

Adam68 wrote:
steveo wrote:
Adam68 wrote:Fitted mine on the rear,allowing for rolling burnouts :thumbright:

:iagree: you know it makes sense :thumbright: :D
& I thought I was the only dumbass to fit it on the rears ;)
Mine's in the rears, a continual debate! I now even remember to switch them back on again before panicking at the end of the strip :D
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Mick70RR

Post by Mick70RR »

Wired it up tonight and sure enough the brake warning light comes on when it's on.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Mick70RR wrote:Wired it up tonight and sure enough the brake warning light comes on when it's on.
Saves you putting in an illuminated switch then :thumbright:
Rich

Post by Rich »

Mick70RR wrote:Wired it up tonight and sure enough the brake warning light comes on when it's on.
Thought I heard some squealing tyres earlier... 8-)
Mick70RR

Post by Mick70RR »

Don't know about last night Rich but there's a strong smell of rubber in the car at the moment. Had to take James and his mate to the local industrial estate to do some testing. Pleased to say it passed the test and I've still got some tyres left.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Mick70RR wrote:. Pleased to say it passed the test and I've still got some tyres left.
Your not trying hard enough then Mick :D
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Kev wrote:
Adam68 wrote:
steveo wrote:

:iagree: you know it makes sense :thumbright: :D
& I thought I was the only dumbass to fit it on the rears ;)
Mine's in the rears, a continual debate! I now even remember to switch them back on again before panicking at the end of the strip :D
Another rear ender :oops: !!
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Mick70RR

Post by Mick70RR »

My Coronet was an auto and the line lock was fitted to the rears. The Road Runner's a 4 speed so it had to be the front. Must admit I'd rather have my foot firmly planted on the brake pedal
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Guys how does fitting the line lock at the back alow you to do a rolling burnout? :?
db

Post by db »

Engage the lock THEN apply the brakes.
The rears don't apply, so you can light 'em up then slowly release the pedal allowing the rolling burnout & grins all round :D

So i'm told....
No-one will believe you...
Kev

Post by Kev »

'Tis true! I've got mine on a flip switch so the rear brakes are turned off. Fitting a momentary switch on the steering wheel would probably be a bit safer, but not as easy for (private) street use. A manual car needs a front brake linelock unless you have 3 legs.
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Kev wrote:'Tis true! I've got mine on a flip switch so the rear brakes are turned off. Fitting a momentary switch on the steering wheel would probably be a bit safer, but not as easy for (private) street use. A manual car needs a front brake linelock unless you have 3 legs.
Or good with yer heel & piggys :D
Mick

Post by Mick »

I'm glad you posted this Mick, i'm just about to fit my line lock and was wondering exactly the same thing.
Mick
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Tell us then Mick 2, front or rears? :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Connor69 wrote:Guys how does fitting the line lock at the back alow you to do a rolling burnout? :?
Thanks Connor I was wondering the exact same thing. So, rather than locking the front's on it locks the rears off.

Thats clever that is. I want one.