Blue's stroker build

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

steveo

Post by steveo »

Dave wrote:This is my favorite thread while having a cup of tea. :thumbright:

Talking of Indy as a company..
A good mate of mine in the US took his 440 six pack to them because he was having a top notch restoration on his V-code Challenger done and wanted "the best" for the engine too along with some hidden high performance mods.

He and his brother asked to see the boss at Indy (I forget his name) and he refused to see them. Instead he sent a lacky out who told them "We don't work on Junkyard engines". :shock:

heard something like that before over on moparts , customer service not good , experianced something like that also with Indy , enquired 3 or 4 years a go on 440 -1 cast iron complete cylinder head package , no reply to a email , contacted them twice , phoned twice just put me on hold & then phone went dead :(
might have been a good reason but its been spoke about on moparts before .

doing some good work Blue :thumbright: ...love looking at & following build ups like this , clever idea extra oiling for the cam by drilling holes , in the lifter gallery :notworthy: , makes sence as oil just sits in there , untill it over flows intresting stuff :thumbright: :atthemovies:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Ken Lazzeri I think his name is. Basically Indy do not want to deal with "Amatuers", and that means us. Thier attitude is "If is wasn't for us you wouldn't have a decent head to race with, so **** off". Best advice is don't deal with them direct go though a dealer.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Agreed,

I tried to speak to them on their stand at the MoparNats and was basically ignored. When someone finaly did take any notice of me they were pretty uninterested and walked away from me to talk to someone else who looked like they had more money than me.

My answer to that.... I won't be buying any Indy Head products or recommending them to friends. I may even go as far as refusing to collect store and ship Indy products for people in the UK.

Might not scare them much, but I do my bit.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Trouble is Bratters, they make the parts we need, there is little other choice, much as I hate to admit it.
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Blue wrote:Best advice is don't deal with them direct go though a dealer.
Yep, that is the way to do it - there are some good guys who can insulate you having to deal with Indy directly
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yea I know em, and I have seen how they treat their customers, But I have found when in the northern states the people are alot different (ass-holes come to mind) to the guy's I know in the southern states.............. My buddy told me he did not sell any Indy parts at Columbus and he is their largest warehouse distributor :shock: ...................
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Blue wrote:Trouble is Bratters, they make the parts we need, there is little other choice, much as I hate to admit it.
Few other good heads out there Blue.... B1, Predator Bit more expensive, exotic, I agree, but they most certainly get the job done well :thumbright:
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Blue

Post by Blue »

I agree Mark, but that's high end race stuff, Indy pretty much have the market sown up below that point. Be interesting to see how the Edelbrock Victor stuff performs once the bugs are worked out, that could give them some stiff competition.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

A pair of stage VI heads developed by chapman racing will make your car run but they ain't cheap............
Blue

Post by Blue »

I don't honestly know Pete, my aim was to make 600hp so we'll see how that pans out....
Pete

Post by Pete »

I think the trick here is reliable and low maintenance horsepower.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

We have never had a single problem with Indy, or their customer service, always found them ver helpful, maybe we are just lucky tho
Philth

Post by Philth »

Any updates, Blue?

I've got me screwdriver and hammer a' waiting....
1973 Dodge Challenger
MMA 616
Pete

Post by Pete »

Philth wrote:
I've got me screwdriver and hammer a' waiting....
No, they are for bodywork ;)
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God