Mopar/car magasines

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

RobTwin wrote:I know Gavin's tried Mopar Action in the past .....
Yes, I've tried every issue since 1989!! I'm starting to get used to it now :D
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Australian Muscle Car and Hemmings Muscle Machines on subscription.

I always found the US MoPar magazines fun(ish) but after a while their inferiority complex, the chip on their shoulders and sheer whineyness grew wearing.

Sadly, most of the US generic musclecar magazines seem to have disappeared. HMM fills the void at the moment with high production values, and as pointed out, a cracking value subscription.
steveo

Post by steveo »

in the 80s use to get hot rod ..car craft etc ...... street machine etc... but knocked them all on the head .. since Mopar muscle & mopar action ..first come out ! also HP mopar when it was going. ....
Adam

Post by Adam »

I was a long time subscriber to Mopar Muscle and Mopar Action, and used to renew them every 2 years at the USA Mopar Nats, to get the free T shirt and goody bag.

But then one year Mopar Muscle treated my renewal as a new subscription, so I started getting duplicate issues. They refused to sort it out, and eventually claimed that they didn't have my money, or even a stand at the Mopar Nats :shock: Needless to say I haven't bought another copy of MM since, and I've subsequently let my subscription to Mopar Action lapse, although that is a better read.

I do still get CA occasionally, mostly for the event calendar and event reports, and occasionally pick up a US mag at the airport, but that's about it. Like Blue says, it's all on t'internet now anyway.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I had CA on direct subscribtion for years, but cancelled about 2 years ago. But they still send it to me and I havent paid for it since I cancelled. :scratch: :lol:
Anonymous

Re: Mopar/car magasines

Post by Anonymous »

Dave999 wrote: OK

and i get Mopar Muscle

now the latter is OK but appears to be the same mag every month
here is a hemi you can't afford
comp cams are great
fuel injection, we got it free, its easy to fit but we won't say how much it cost
how to mount a gun rack in a 300
editorial rant about the size of his garage

what do you get and what's a good read?

Dave
I agree about Mopar Muscle. I've subscribed for six years now and are tired with the loads of advertizings in their mag and few articles.
There is another mag from this author named Muscle Car Review and I've planned not to renew my Mopar Muscle subscription and try this one instead. I think it's interesting to read about the Ford and GM muscles too as I own no books abouth them and probably won't buy any. :?
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

Take a look here mate :thumbright: plenty of choice on good mags and books and if you buy anything tell Graham i sent you ;)

www.americanautomags.com
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

OOooOOoooO i will indeed

MoPar muscle send my current mag to

95 David Gray Strawberry
shaftsebury
Hill
Twickenham MI
UK 2000 TW2

silly buggers

whats the MI about

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I had years of experience with American auto mags but gave up on them eventually because without fail every year I would have at least one or two issues missing.
At first I would be credited for the missing mags. But then he started insisting that as it was not HIS fault the mags had been lost in the post he would no longer credit me for any that go missing. :roll:

So I told him to P off and got a subscription direct from the States. I never had ANY more magazines go missing after that.
Blue

Post by Blue »

I had the same problem with missing mags with AAM, and it was no better when I had a direct subscption with Mopar Action, I gave up on both some years back.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Jim

Post by Jim »

Mag subscription has always been a pain, both direct and through AAM.

I used to get Mopar Action and Mopar Muscle. Mopar Action was always the best. But both of them seemed to go downhill.

So more recently I subscribe to Mopar Collectors Guide - which is now easily the best of the Mopar mags.

But, - when my subscription expires I probably won't renew it. I think my enthusiasm isn't what it was.
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Jim, take yourself off the Miserable Old Git section, right this minute! ;)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

and my name isn't strawberry

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

Dave wrote:I had years of experience with American auto mags but gave up on them eventually because without fail every year I would have at least one or two issues missing.
At first I would be credited for the missing mags. But then he started insisting that as it was not HIS fault the mags had been lost in the post he would no longer credit me for any that go missing. :roll:

So I told him to P off and got a subscription direct from the States. I never had ANY more magazines go missing after that.
Im sorry to hear that Dave :(

Im lucky in that i see Graham at lest once a month so i can collect anything i order in person :thumbright:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

I remember my days at St Mary's College Strawberry Hill...actually I don't because that was where I was introduced to proper scrumpy and I lost over a million brain cells with every glass...ooh I did feel queer! :shock:
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com