Mopar/car magasines

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Dave999

Mopar/car magasines

Post by Dave999 »

OK

i get on subscription or from the Newsagents

Classic American (all a bit too mature for me, are you mid life crisis man then why not buy this 80s mustang) and Amercian car world( lets race/ i drove my corvette round buckingham palace)

like them for what they are but mostly little relevance to my own velocipede. and to be honest Volksworld and Scootering hold my interest for longer

the club mag connected (best club mag from a car club i have had)

I get Australian Muscle car for its historical chuntering about past racing excesses on the race tracks of australia land and the odd nod towards aussie chrylser product.

occasionally get Ol' skool rods or Kar Kulture Deluxe (old men getting slightly orgasmic about some young chap who can paint with a very thin brush/ladies with tattoos on their bits)

and i get Mopar Muscle

now the latter is OK but appears to be the same mag every month
here is a hemi you can't afford
comp cams are great
fuel injection, we got it free, its easy to fit but we won't say how much it cost
how to mount a gun rack in a 300
editorial rant about the size of his garage

my question is

is Mopar Action any better

should i spend this years Christmas reading matter £40 on a mopar action sub rather than an Mopar muscle one

or should i just buy a new anorak and get some Hemmings product to tell me how much some mad bugger spent on a 1 of only 2 didgerysquat at some auction i'll never visit

what do you get and what's a good read?

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Blue

Post by Blue »

Don't buy any of the mags anymore, I can find everything I need on the net.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

i don't have internet access in the loo?????

but know what you mean least on the net you find someone who might have tried the thing you want to buy and is not going to loose their livelyhood by criticising it if it really isn't that good.

:D
Pete

Post by Pete »

As I have reached a state of inner Karma, and my diet is good and thus my movements are brisk and to the point; I do not buy any Mags.

There is always something better to spend your dollar on...
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Both UK mags are just plain crap.
I do take them,but the money would be better spent on the car,never bothered with the US mags,so can't comment.
I'm with Blue,it's all on line anyway.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I don't buy any either. They give me too many ideas to spend money on.

If i had to buy a mag, and if I could only buy one, it would be Mopar Action if that is any help. They have the best Tech articles.
Pete

Post by Pete »

More likely "Razzle" Dave, ;)
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Pete wrote:More likely "Razzle" Dave, ;)
That is definitely all online. :lol:
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Mopar Muscle and Mopar Action are the only mags I get now - no UK ones (never did get CA or ACW, they seem a bit 'lifestyle' to me!!).
If I got a UK mag it would be Custard Cart.

MA is good mag and benefits greatly from having E-Berg as tech editor, so I do enjoy the tech (which really is my main reason for buying both). Don't forget MA is only 6 (or 7?) issues a year, so you may be a long time between poos. :roll:
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

right

mopar action and aussie muscle car will get renewed i think

lets hope they are off set month by month so my lavitorial processing will not be hinderd too much

:D

life style mags are ok if you like the lifestyle.....
I'm not ever going to Americana or rally of the giants and don't like either type of music. country or western..so yes i see what you mean.
then again 4 pages of diddle about models can take a hike as well. all you need for them is an advert not a feature

the E_berg input does appeal

Mmmm

Dave
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

What about Scootering?

I can see you wearing a huge gaberdine mac riding a well worn LD 125.

Although you are probably thinking more along the lines of a fish tail parka and a Wal Phillips injected GT200... ;)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Dont often buy the British mags (CA, ACW & CC) unless there's summat I particularly want to keep the article for (or if there's a pic of our car in it :D )

Used to subscribe to High Performance Mopar but that got taken over by Mopar Muscle a few years ago, so have continued to subcribe to that.
It's changed a bit over the last year or so - there's much more tech and less feature cars. They do try & keep the late model stuff to their website tho.
Of the 4 or 5 feature cars there always seems to be one 'hemi you cant afford' type but they also include more run of the mill Mopars like you'd see over here - just better quality :drwho:

I know Gavin's tried Mopar Action in the past so he'll be able to comment better, but I occasionally pick up a copy from Graham's tent at the various shows during the year. All depends on the features really.

Stu subcribes to Mopar Collectors Guide, which is good for the rivet counters among us, but not so good for the go-faster fans. Good for features on old race cars tho.

I started a subscription to Hemmings Muscle Machines when we were in Vegas earlier in the year, just to see what it was like for a year. I'd previously bought a few issues which I liked - handy for keeping up with what Budgie & Sandy are on about :) plus they had more info on cars in the Year One F.A.S.T. series than the other mags (10secs on cross plies 8-) )

Renewed the subscription a couple of weeks ago for 3 years :shock: as the offer was too good to refuse.
Even with the extra $14/year overseas shipping it only works out about £1.60 per issue at todays naff exchange rate.

That all said tho, I struggle to read them all, so am currently over a year behind with Mopar Muscle :roll:

That's not to mention the occasional issue of Classic & Sports Car, Classic Rock...
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Well, I read The Beano.

It's full of Dodges.
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Gringo

Post by Gringo »

Stopped getting 'Thrustem Far' when they took the baps out! Always found it to be an entertaining read though. Not impressed by CA or ACW... :P