Cornwall and Devon meet, excellent turnout!

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Cornwall and Devon meet, excellent turnout!

Post by Anonymous »

Well after all my whinging, we had the best meet so far last nite, and possibly the biggest turnout of muscle cars in Cornwall ever!
The weather was ideal, sunny and calm.
Had a new 68 Charger show up, a major event down here! It belongs to Simon from Grampound and he got the 383 from D.Madders, I believe he met you Alex last year. Car looks in great shape and when I saw it coming towards us on the A30 I thought it was my old one! So hopefully a new MMA member from Cornwall there then!
John and his father turned up with their exquisite Mustangs, one a Shelby 'vert and the other proported to be an ex Gurney 69 fastback.
Andy (our contact point via CA mag) finally made it with his Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am, regulars Mike and Chris with their Mustangs were there as was Ivan and Sal, unfortunatly his Chally SE/RT is still sick so they were in the Silverado.
Steve made it down with his mate in the 300, wow what a car. Unfortunatly it was after dark, but what we could see of it was really impressive, yu would not believe it was a ?200 barn find!
A great meet and hopefully there will be more like it!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 18, 05 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

More pics, sorry about quality but I was running out of light!
Forgot to mention we also had someone show up from Bude in a Corvette and a couple from Essex on holiday in their modern Pontiac, the Classic American mags mention of this meet is paying off!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 18, 05 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Steve's car seems to have marked it's territory :)

Any more pics of the '68 Shelby? Not the prettiest of things, but damn rare!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

He just happened to have parked over a puddle :wink:
I will dig some pics out of the Muzzy, they have a collection of them and in their words "we dont have crap"!
Gas for GOSH

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Guys (and girls)

Just to say thanks for welcoming me, the kids and the Charger to the stable. Nice evening and great to see the cars down here.

Don't know what all the emits will think if we stuff up the car park like that in mid season!

:lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I, FOR ONE, WOULD LOVE IT!!!!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Welcome to the forum, glad to see you are enjoying the Charger :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Simon, glad you made it there and here! We dont worry about the emmits mate (unless theyre MMA members, of course! :oops: )
Wreck of a 68 seems a tad cruel, I love that car, another sound Madders machine 8)
Gas for GOSH

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Don't worry - the name tag refers to the driver not the car!

I love the car too - and as for Mr Madders he's been excellent to deal with.