Duplicolor

Moderator: Moderators

Bryan

Duplicolor

Post by Bryan »

Im looking for a specific Duplicalor engine paint (1604) for my Ford rocker covers.

Anyone know where i can such a thing over here?
1968 Ford Fairlane 500 Wimbledon White. Currently a 302 auto but to be 410 4 speed.
Blue

Post by Blue »

When I was looking for a specific Duplicolor paint, I happened across a warehouse in the states that sold it. The website was in £ and gave you the shipping cost, I brought in 2 cans very cheaply. I don't have the details now it just came up on a google search for the product.
There are uk agents but they don't seem to carry the full range, often you can find things like that on Amazon but the price is usually ridiculous.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Thanks Blue. Ill go to a body shop tomorrow and see if i can mix it but Frost may have something similar.
1968 Ford Fairlane 500 Wimbledon White. Currently a 302 auto but to be 410 4 speed.
steveo

Post by steveo »

not sure if this is any help , i have been using por15 engine paint , for a number of years now , for various reasons , before that use to spray conventional 2k single stage , with matting agent , imo por15 , is good stuff , can be thinned , with ordinary gunwash / cellulose thinners , for spraying rocker covers & oil pans etc etc , or brush for block heads etc , takes about 2 /3 days to dry when sprayed , depending on temperature , brush about a week , don't need any primer either .

frost lists a few blues & no colour chips

http://www.frost.co.uk/search/?q=por+15+engine+paint

the US site has the chips , all look too dark black almost , through my computer except , corporate blue ?

http://www.por15.com/ENGINE-ENAMEL_p_47.html
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Blue wrote:When I was looking for a specific Duplicolor paint, I happened across a warehouse in the states that sold it. The website was in £ and gave you the shipping cost, I brought in 2 cans very cheaply. I don't have the details now it just came up on a google search for the product.
There are uk agents but they don't seem to carry the full range, often you can find things like that on Amazon but the price is usually ridiculous.
I'd be interested to know the warehouse Blue if you can remember at some stage. :thumbright:
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Importing paints or anything with a solvent content is now almost impossible,thanks yet again to the EU and their new REACH regulations. Look it up.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.