Blues Mopar photos

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

mad machs

Blues Mopar photos

Post by mad machs »

Scanned a load more of Blues photos in, Mopars, GM & few stragglers this time, put them on Facebook as it was easier than other mediums, non Facebook types should be able to view them too.

All taken mainly in the London & surrounding areas (all 'up country' to me ;) )

Mopars-

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 430077b766

GM's Camaros, Firebirds etc

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... d481ea7d09

& a few stragglers, Fords & few more Chevys etc-

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 9fa237de31
Mike that is called Mike.

69 Dodge A108
73 Mach1 Mustang
Blue

Post by Blue »

Thanks for that Mike, I'd have never got round to it!
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Fantastic pictures , thanks for the link and the pictures blue , really enjoyed looking at them , the red motion style vega almost looks like the real thing ? I can't imagine people would of cloned them back then ( maybe they did )?you've got a few pics of my old Chevelle there that I hadn't seen before :thumbright:
Blue

Post by Blue »

It would have been a real one Chris, only a couple of years old at the time. No body was cloning anything back then, you could get the real thing cheap enough. I've got a whole load more from the '80's which would no doubt be up your street.
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Christ ! I think you are right , it looks like it's got the ' motion super vega ' script in the side stripe on the quarter panel , I know that at some point there's usually one of pretty much everything over here , but that's the last car I would of ever thought would be over here.

Good pic of the 69 pace car Camaro convertible as well , there's some proper gold in those pictures when looked at closely.

The other pics from the 80's sound good as well :thumbright:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Bit of a tale went with that Camaro, me and my mate were stood outside a pub on the Kings road when his ex girlfriend pulled up in it. She reckoned to be on the run from the drug dealer she had nicked it from, bit of a gal that one....
Pete

Post by Pete »

Brilliant pictures, thanks for taking the time to scan them :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Great photos and some very nice cars, thank you :thumbright:
RM23

blues mopar photos

Post by RM23 »

Excellent excellent love the white pro stock cuda under the car port us younger lot love hearing the stories from them days chargers for £500 etc drug dealers in camaros now there in m3s ever thought getting a book together? Any way cheers blue I spotted bton there as well :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
watch out for the quiet ones ...
lough3969

Post by lough3969 »

Nice period correct photos!
Pimps in the Front
Hoes in the Back
Chumps in the Trunk

68 Dart Post
Blue

Re: blues mopar photos

Post by Blue »

RM23 wrote:Excellent excellent love the white pro stock cuda under the car port us younger lot love hearing the stories from them days chargers for £500 etc drug dealers in camaros now there in m3s ever thought getting a book together? Any way cheers blue I spotted bton there as well :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Here's another for you then, that white 'Cuda had the Hemi out of the plum crazy convertible in it, and yes it was a real one. Guy I know bought both cars and some parts for £1500 and a Triumph Stag. Fast forward, and last I heard the convertible was owned By Barrett Jackson and worth a couple of million dollars..
steveo

Post by steveo »

:thumbright: good pictures , thanks for sharing :occasion5:
CLPete

Post by CLPete »

A "new" Charger!

CKV 229K.

Sadly, dead for many a year by the look of it ...

Thanks for sharing though. It's always nice to add another to my list!
1968 VE Valiant VIP (on road)
1972 CH Chrysler by Chrysler ("project")
1969 VF Valiant VIP (best called "spares")
RM23

blues mopar photos

Post by RM23 »

Wow fantastic would you say there's more cars around now or more back then my first shows as a kid were one in 1986 bton metropole show street machine mag then from the very early 90s hickstead then onto Mopar nats etc... Keep them coming mate cheers :thumbright: :thumbright:
watch out for the quiet ones ...
Blue

Post by Blue »

Hard to say for sure, but I think there must be more American cars here now than back then. The big difference is, outside of a show you rarely see them. When I was a kid they were driven daily and usually parked outside so you saw them a lot, the vast majority being Mustangs. The hemi 'cuda convertible was parked on the street and daily driven by a nice looking blonde woman...
Before the 4x4 market exsisted, you'd often see older (60+) guys driving larger 4 doors and wagons, it was them that preffered the luxo barge end of the market.