NORTHERN SHOW 2017 (Application form added)

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve

NORTHERN SHOW 2017 (Application form added)

Post by Steve »

Afternoon all,

The show season is just about over now and already, we are making some plans for 2017.

We are keen to try to expand our club attendance at various shows in 2017 and are hoping to do something to better service our members based in the Northern area of the country.

Initial research has identified the Stars and Stripes Show at Tatton Park, Knutsford, Cheshire on 1st and 2nd of July 2017 as being a good option. It is a big show, in a good location with camping available for exhibitors.

http://www.cheshireautopromotions.co.uk/american.php

We have received the following offer from the event promoters......

Tatton Park American Car Show, 1st & 2nd July 2017. Times: 10:00am-4:00pm

The UK's Biggest and Best Classic American Car event, 1,463 American vehicles of the highest quality entered in 2016.
Classic American Cars, from the pre-war era to the huge 'fins and chrome' era of the 50's & 60's and the amazing designs from the 1970's through to the very latest American Muscle Cars. All era's of American car design will be represented, including the very latest designs from GM and Ford etc.

The American Pickup Trucks are becoming more and more popular each year, with examples from the early 1940's through to the latest long wheelbase monsters, see them all in one large 'all pickups' display area.
Also expect to see a superb selection of 'Hot Rods' and Custom Cars, with the odd 'Dragster' too. There'll be some very 'classy' American HGV 'Rigs' with amazing customised paintwork and special custom features.

This 'all American' style event includes some fantastic sideshow's throughout the showground including the famous Ken Fox Wall of Death, Wild West 'shoot out', lot's of American built motorcycles from Harley Davidson, Indian and Goldwing etc., ex-US Army vehicles and 150 trade stands, also there'll be live bands playing throughout the day, Food, Refreshments & Beer Marquee and kiddies rides. A fantastic day out for all the family!

FREE ENTRY for show car, driver and 1 passenger. CAMPING for exhibitors only £10 per night PP

We are thinking of organising a club parking where we can all display together and to use our new club banners/ flags to identify our club area. We wont be manning the display as such (like the NEC), more like Wheels Day and Sywell.

My questions are....

1. Is this an event that you would like to attend and support as a club member by displaying in an MMA club area?

2. Is this event sufficiently 'North' to service our needs. If not, what would be a viable alternative that would ensure a healthy turnout?

We look forward to your responses / thoughts,

Cheers Steve

:thumbright: :thumbright:
Attachments
american_advert (1).jpg
american_advert (1).jpg (184.77 KiB) Viewed 3090 times
Last edited by Steve on Wed Mar 22, 17 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

I always do my dam hardest to get there every year, and yes it is a great weekender.
JinxJay

Post by JinxJay »

This is weird, I was going to suggest a couple of northern shows for club stands, as we seem to have enough cars now.

The stars and stripes show is the American auto club north west's show and I've never seen any other clubs display at it. (do pt cruisers count?) I think it would be fantastic to have a mma display at next year's show. I have displayed both days for many years, and would have no problem offering all help and support I can.

I'm sure it could be a great show for us. The other I was going to suggest was the cholmondeley page to of Power. Which is basically a smaller northern goodwood. Has a great atmosphere and is an event that'll show of the mma in the north.
Last edited by JinxJay on Mon Nov 28, 16 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyrob

Post by andyrob »

northern show !!! thats way down south :lol:
life is not a spectator sport

www.andyrobinson.eu
andy robinson

68 572 coronet RT
72 440 chrysler new yorker
69 518 daytona
Steve

Post by Steve »

Everything is 'darn sarf' if you live where you do Andy! :D

For our Southern listeners, I can confirm that anything 'Nowf' of Watford is technically 'app Nowf' so, by definition, Knutsford is 'well app Nowf guvnor'

Jinxjay...thank you very much for your offer of help and the suggestion of Cholmondeley as well. It may be that we consider more than one event, especially as we have some offers of help etc. Si (Charger) has already very kindly offered help as well so we have plenty of options as and when we decide on what would be best. Will see what interest we generate on this thread then will give you a shout.

Cheers Ali. I know you are a regular at this event and last time we spoke about it at Shaky, you said it was a great show!

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
68Roadrunner

Up north event

Post by 68Roadrunner »

Stars and Stripes is a very well attended show, a good place to profile the club. I usually attend one day, and glad to help out.
As jay sujjested the pageant of power would be great too, bit more of an up market event with the bonus of some timed racing as well ( mini goodwood) Richard.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Sounds like a good plan, I'm sure we can arrange for one of the new club pop up banners to be there.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Mopar Monkey

Post by Mopar Monkey »

Certainly could be interested in this. :)
Nicola.
1972 Dodge Demon.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks gang....think we have enough interest to get involved in this one,

lenfunk

Post by lenfunk »

I have registered, but would be keen to include my 70 Challenger as part of the club stand. Please let me know how to do this.
Len
Steve

Post by Steve »

Think we have enough interest to take this forward. Would love to have your car at a club display. Will progress this now and get back to you all soon,

Hemimad

Post by Hemimad »

Steve,

Can you put me and the 70RR down for the MMA area, I won best muscle car there last year, I can try and Bananarama! up for the double!!

Cheers

Dave C
"It's all souped up and everything"
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi Dave.... no surprise with your win! Its a fantastic car!!

Will be doing some work on this event this week so will keep you all updated

cheers Steve :thumbright:
Charger

Post by Charger »

count me in Steve, i'm only a few miles away, it would be rude not to

:thumbright:
Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
Steve

Post by Steve »

Will do Si :thumbright: