70 Challenger"S" flash git :D
Kev

Post by Kev »

:shock: 8-) :D
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

hey dave checked 3 today 70 sixpack has vent 70 383 rt has vent and a 70 air car that has vent you have a weirdo
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Here's a pic from inside, and the plastic vent that attaches to it, during my disassembly....
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Couple of people on my message board don't have this either. Both are air con cars. So far the cars with the vent hole are non-ac cars.

What puzzles me is if you have AC wouldn't that get in the way of this air vent?

The AC bulkhead has other differences anyway doesn't it? Like the openings for the pipes? So they must have fitted a bulkhead to suit the air cars anyway.

Maybe your air car with the opening is the odd one Duncan?? :?

I will see if anyone else on my board comes up with anything.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

CHecked mine out today, 71 air con Challenger. I haven't got the air vent hole either, haven't even got a pressing in the bulk head where it should be! Looks like it is an air con thang!!!
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Dave wrote:The AC bulkhead has other differences anyway doesn't it? Like the openings for the pipes? So they must have fitted a bulkhead to suit the air cars anyway..
Yes, good point, the AC bulkhead has different shaped openings and holes, so I guess it wasn't difficult to change any other parts as they wished.

I had a look in the parts book, but although it showed the vent (officially 'fresh air door') it didn't call out that it was only on non-AC cars....even though it obviously was!
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

seems about right dave why have fresh air comin in, with nice air con, that must be why your floors are good not as many water leaks in to the car
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Yeah this seems to be the case. Cars marks for AC just got different bulkhead/cowl parts welded on. You would think they would have use one dual purpose piece wouldn't you.
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

bet they might have on the later e bodies like a lot off the other parts/
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

SteveB wrote:The part of the bulkhead that has the other differences (like pipe outlets) is a different panel, but I guess they could have altered both of them.
The main difference I'm aware of is the hole where the blower motor comes out and the heater hoses are located. That's the same panel as where the fresh air ducts are located. The cowl is a different panel on top