Americar

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

SteveCase

Americar

Post by SteveCase »

anyone 'doing' this show next month all gonna rush to shake Milners hand? Don't forget, there's someone new in town!!!!!!!! :roll:
I will not be drawn into a battle of wits with an unarmed man!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

oh yes we are going to be there, even have our own stand and everything! Just opposite the MMA stand - come say hello
Pete

Post by Pete »

Is this at the Gig that Dean is orgainising some cars ?

Dates and Location, please - thanks!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

11th to 12th September at National Agricultural Centre, Stoneleigh Nr Coventry, just off the A46, www.americar2004.com.
SteveCase

Post by SteveCase »

:P I'll be on the NSRA stand, likewise to anyone going, stop by over the weekend and have a beer, i'll be camping there from the thursday evening, so keep an eye out for my truck in the campsite, it'll be where my beers are!!!!!!! you know it makes sense!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
I will not be drawn into a battle of wits with an unarmed man!
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Diana and I will be there on the Sunday with Mel and Tim Ellison.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Cool, it would be great to see Dave & Diana - will you be in the Challenger ?
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Nice of you to say so Pete. :)

No. I am put off driving the Chally until I have pulled the engine apart for inspection and replaced one or two bits that got damaged at The Pod and I can't do that for a little while yet.

I don't think Tim's Chally has a back seat so we can't use that either. :(
MattH

Post by MattH »

Yes, as Paul said, the MMA have a stand , Dean is sorting it out, and will have all the club banners etc and T shirts. mugs , etc. I know because we just took it all up there! My fave car of the Nats will be on the stand too, Adrian's 71 Roadrunner in curious yellow (the one he let me drive!)
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I changed my mind about taking the Chally to this show! :twisted:

I have had a good inspection and listen to the inside of the engine with a stethiscope and all seemed well except for a 'clack, clack, clack' from the drivers side. I had been worried that it might be something nasty but the closer I looked the more it seemed like it could be the headers on that side.

The GOOD news is it turns out that the noise id not something nasty. :D

The BAD news is the headers are history. :( I knew the combination of cheap (Hedman) headers and header wrap would be short lived so it is not a suprise. I just wish they could have lasted for another month. :cry:

I will see you guys there in my Neon. :(
Pete

Post by Pete »

TTI's R' US............
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

If I can get in touch with Jim! My e-mails have been bouncing back. I just tried again. 2" primaries and 3.5" collectors will suit me sir! :wink:
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I was there. Saw the MMA stand. Stood in front of it with Tim and our wives and their two kids. I didn't recognise anyone and no-one seemed to recognise us. I thought I saw Guy a couple of times from a distance. Was that you Guy?

Saw your Challengers Steve & Tony but no sign of you. Although I did see Fat Tony from a distance when you were all leaving and going out in convoy. Saw what must have been you too Steve but from a greater distance driving your truck with the Challenger on the trailer.

What did you guys think of this event? It was mostly hot rods which although I like I do think was strange for an American car show.

I enjoyed it a lot but I would NOT have liked to be stuck there with my car for 4 days like some people had to. The food was a bit poor too. We ate in that food hall and they had nothing left. Just a cornish pasty and beans!
Guy

Post by Guy »

Well Dave sorry I missed you, it must have been one of the few times I had got up to strech my legs having spent my time filting between the stands MMA & American V8 (which my car was on) . The MMA stand looked great with a Challenger (fat Tonys), Roadrunner (Ade Waller), Dart GTS (skippy), A100 (A100 Terry) Charger (Alan) & an SRT10 supplied by Listers in Coventry. A V rod arrived on the stand on Sunday as well. Other mopes that were also on show included Steve Cases superb pro street Challenger (should have won something) a 70 Charger and Paul Harbourne's black Daytona which won best 70's muscle car :salute: . American V8 won best stand =D> . There was a lot of hot rods at this event but those that attended the show will vouch were mostly of the highest standard.

4 days I think it left everyone involved completly shattered I liked the venue and it would be great to see it used again.
Here is a couple of the pictures that are viewable to much camera shake on the rest
Guy

Post by Guy »

hopefully some more now that they are resized