Gav's 71 Challenger Convertible - Panther Pink, SB stroker

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Jim

Post by Jim »

Absolutely amazing Gavin! You are going to end up with a unique, fun to drive, well thought out and put together car.

It's not all about correct restoration. I have a restored, pretty much correct, 70 Challenger convertible, which I love to bits. But I am all for 'restomods' too (see my Mustang this year).

I can't wait to see the car Gavin, - will it be ready for the Nat's...?
Philth

Post by Philth »

Well impressed, Gavin!

That's what I call 'attention to detail'. Superb work!

Coffee at Dunton soon?
1973 Dodge Challenger
MMA 616
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Again, thanks all, this kind of feedback encourages me to keep pushing on!

Jim, I've given up making predictions for completion (well I never really made any after my initial "1 year" estimate :lol: :lol: :lol:) so I share Duncs concern that I'll be too old to drive it when it is done!! I've still got lots to do, including either dyeing the top or replacing it, all the front suspension, interior, etc etc, and the bit I'm most looking forward to - assembling the engine :thumbright:

Phil, love to meet for a coffee...I'm not on site anymore and don't have access, maybe we could meet for lunch 'outside' or if you are going to be near my building I'll treat you to a coffee!!
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Your time & patience is awesome Gavin , great work being done here , no shortcuts either , will be one greast motor when finished , hats off to yer.

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

SUPERB!
Kev

Post by Kev »

Would it have been better to put it into JPC? ;)
Fantastic work as ever Gavin, still remember seeing it for the first time at Blake Hall many moons ago when I first joined the Club. It's a sight better than what it was!!!
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
steveo

Post by steveo »

nice Job Gavin , :thumbright: yeah Kev blake hall saw it there also , got a picture somewhere , think it was a bout 91 ish
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That's gonna be a stunnin' car, well done Gavin. :thumbright:
Kev

Post by Kev »

Thought I saw it about '99 when I first took my pariah Mopar to a show, parked it round the back in shame, met Tony O who told me to put it in the Mope line up.....Never looked back!
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Amazing!!!!! :shock:
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Any more progress Gavin ? Will it be ready for the Nats ?

:D :D :D
All we are is rust in the wind
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Gareth wrote:Any more progress Gavin ? Will it be ready for the Nats ?

:D :D :D
Which one? :D

Not quite for this year :lol: .......but still making slow progress!
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
MattH

Post by MattH »

Gavin, just re read this and wondered how it's coming on, last update was 2 years ago.
I am not one to talk about taking time, but there are a few members on here who may not have seen the work you've done, and bumping this thread will do no harm.

Where are you at with it??
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

I'm sure Gavin did add some updates since July 09 but they were probably lost with the back-up problem we had a few months ago :roll:

We lost some off our Polara thread but I cant remember what they were! Cant be that important then... :?
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Well, to use a technical term, progress has been "painfully slow" :roll: :( :banghead:
But since the last set of pics there has been progress, just not a lot in the time that's gone. This is 99% due to having our twins, now over 3, and the time and effort they've taken!

I also stalled quite badly with the convertible top, a job I had done before very successfully but contrary to expectation was infinitely more painful the second time around (I wanted a black top this time). It has fought me every step of the way and nearly defeated me, but the end may be in sight. I just get so little time to work on it.

Anyway, I will try to pull some more pics together to update things! Don't hold you breath but I am keen to do it. Thanks for asking anyway!
One thing I can guarantee is that it WILL get finished.....

BTW, all the prior posts are intact as all the pics are linked to my own webspace rather than uploaded to the MMA server (a deliberate ploy in case of a website crash or issues!!).