Scratching a Non Mopar itch

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Steve
Posts: 7696
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 12 7:19 pm
Location: Scotland

Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Steve »

I've always been into bikes but haven't had one since I bought my Dodge 15 years ago.....but...... I've always had the itch to get another one before I'm too old to enjoy it.

In my youth I had 125s and later in life Fireblades, GSXRs, Blackbirds etc but I have to say that the need for speed departed long ago. Been looking for a while and found a very nice and very affordable 1984 Honda CD200. I have to say it's getting on for the best fun I've ever had on a bike. It's great round the country lanes here, buzzes along nicely around 50mph and uses a thimbleful a mile. It handles and stops nicely and is light and easy on my dodgy knees. Great fun!!



:thumbright: :thumbright:
Attachments
IMG_20261005_120917_HDR.jpg
IMG_20261005_120917_HDR.jpg (146.46 KiB) Viewed 497 times
IMG_20261005_120908_HDR.jpg
IMG_20261005_120908_HDR.jpg (161.79 KiB) Viewed 497 times
IMG_20261004_143629_MFNR_HDR.jpg
IMG_20261004_143629_MFNR_HDR.jpg (169.93 KiB) Viewed 497 times
IMG_20261004_141856_HDR.jpg
IMG_20261004_141856_HDR.jpg (189.91 KiB) Viewed 497 times
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
User avatar
cadboy
Posts: 2371
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 13 5:05 pm
Location: Worcester

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by cadboy »

Very nice Steve enjoy :thumbright:
User avatar
Steve
Posts: 7696
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 12 7:19 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Steve »

Thanks Ali. With fuel prices as they are, she will probably see more miles than the Dodge for now
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 22259
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 04 10:49 pm
Location: MMA Chairman

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Pete »

My first Road bike was a Honda CD175, perfect commuter bike, great fun.

I still bimble around on bikes, I have had this one for over 10 years now...
Attachments
Harley Davidson FXST Chop.jpg
Harley Davidson FXST Chop.jpg (122.44 KiB) Viewed 451 times
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
User avatar
Steve
Posts: 7696
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 12 7:19 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Steve »

That's beautiful Pete. I've never ridden a chopper and don't think I could to be honest. I always thought the riding position looks really uncomfortable, especially on the old lower back. :shock:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 22259
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 04 10:49 pm
Location: MMA Chairman

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Pete »

No denying it Steve, it is tough.

Not like a proper bike......
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
SAV@RPM
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 12 11:24 am
Location: Rushmoor, Surrey
Contact:

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by SAV@RPM »

I’m still riding. 1967 Triumph TR6C, American export sold new at Johnson Motors on the west coast. I’ve owned it over 25 years. 1976 Kawasaki KH400 also sold new in America. Totally different to ride but both brilliant in their own way.
IMG_0361.jpeg
IMG_0361.jpeg (297.4 KiB) Viewed 388 times
IMG_9770.jpeg
IMG_9770.jpeg (275.97 KiB) Viewed 388 times
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 22259
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 04 10:49 pm
Location: MMA Chairman

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Pete »

They are fantastic, Martin.

I think Roy ("Slowhand" on here) has a similar trials Triumph like that.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
User avatar
Mick70RR
Posts: 1895
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 05 8:57 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Mick70RR »

My bike, I've owned this for around 6 years but it doesnt do many miles. I was out on it today for a quick spin. 1960 BSA A10.
VBK 808 small.jpg
VBK 808 small.jpg (135.97 KiB) Viewed 376 times
1970 Road Runner, 505CI, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears.
11.98 @ 117mph on street tyres
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 22259
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 04 10:49 pm
Location: MMA Chairman

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Pete »

Very nice, Mick. I have never ridden one of those...
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
User avatar
Mick70RR
Posts: 1895
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 05 8:57 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Mick70RR »

It takes a bit of getting used to after riding Japanese bikes Pete. Gear lever on the right, one up three down.
1970 Road Runner, 505CI, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears.
11.98 @ 117mph on street tyres
User avatar
Steve
Posts: 7696
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 12 7:19 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Steve »

All lovely bikes!!! Thanks for the pics.

Mine is nowhere near as exotic as any of those bikes but I deliberately didn't want to tie up cash in something so I can visit my kids but still enjoy a bit of 'grass roots' fun riding.

She takes me right back to being about 10 and going on the back of my dad's CB125 in the mid 70s. Dad bought me an SL125 that was in boxes in the early 80s and I managed to rebuild it and go greenlaning. Great memories that have come flooding back to me with this bike. I can't say any of the big bikes I've had stir up that emotion in me. I have fond memories of the TT etc but most of the time I would get back from rides out and be looking at the letterbox for weeks after hoping my licence was still in one piece. No danger with the Benly but she certainly makes me smile 😊
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 22259
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 04 10:49 pm
Location: MMA Chairman

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Pete »

Mick70RR wrote: Tue Oct 06, 26 9:00 pm It takes a bit of getting used to after riding Japanese bikes Pete. Gear lever on the right, one up three down.
I had a T150 Trident for a time, but could not really get on with it - possibly due to the Right Foot shift; but I never really had Japanese bikes for long once I had passed my test.

I had plenty of Ducati's and Moto Guzzi's though.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
User avatar
Mick70RR
Posts: 1895
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 05 8:57 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch

Post by Mick70RR »

The one thing that I really like about the A10 is the Chronometric speedo. The needle updates the speed every 0.8 seconds so it moves around the dial in steps. They were originally used in aircraft before the second world war. I wish Mopar had used them instead of magnetic drive speedos with the wobbly needle. More info here
chronometrics.co.uk
1970 Road Runner, 505CI, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears.
11.98 @ 117mph on street tyres
Post Reply