In my youth I had 125s and later in life Fireblades, GSXRs, Blackbirds etc but I have to say that the need for speed departed long ago. Been looking for a while and found a very nice and very affordable 1984 Honda CD200. I have to say it's getting on for the best fun I've ever had on a bike. It's great round the country lanes here, buzzes along nicely around 50mph and uses a thimbleful a mile. It handles and stops nicely and is light and easy on my dodgy knees. Great fun!!
Scratching a Non Mopar itch
Moderator: Moderators
Scratching a Non Mopar itch
I've always been into bikes but haven't had one since I bought my Dodge 15 years ago.....but...... I've always had the itch to get another one before I'm too old to enjoy it.
In my youth I had 125s and later in life Fireblades, GSXRs, Blackbirds etc but I have to say that the need for speed departed long ago. Been looking for a while and found a very nice and very affordable 1984 Honda CD200. I have to say it's getting on for the best fun I've ever had on a bike. It's great round the country lanes here, buzzes along nicely around 50mph and uses a thimbleful a mile. It handles and stops nicely and is light and easy on my dodgy knees. Great fun!!

In my youth I had 125s and later in life Fireblades, GSXRs, Blackbirds etc but I have to say that the need for speed departed long ago. Been looking for a while and found a very nice and very affordable 1984 Honda CD200. I have to say it's getting on for the best fun I've ever had on a bike. It's great round the country lanes here, buzzes along nicely around 50mph and uses a thimbleful a mile. It handles and stops nicely and is light and easy on my dodgy knees. Great fun!!
- Attachments
-
- IMG_20261005_120917_HDR.jpg (146.46 KiB) Viewed 503 times
-
- IMG_20261005_120908_HDR.jpg (161.79 KiB) Viewed 503 times
-
- IMG_20261004_143629_MFNR_HDR.jpg (169.93 KiB) Viewed 503 times
-
- IMG_20261004_141856_HDR.jpg (189.91 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
Very nice Steve enjoy 
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
Thanks Ali. With fuel prices as they are, she will probably see more miles than the Dodge for now
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
My first Road bike was a Honda CD175, perfect commuter bike, great fun.
I still bimble around on bikes, I have had this one for over 10 years now...
I still bimble around on bikes, I have had this one for over 10 years now...
- Attachments
-
- Harley Davidson FXST Chop.jpg (122.44 KiB) Viewed 457 times
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.
Mopar by the grace of God
Mopar by the grace of God
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
That's beautiful Pete. I've never ridden a chopper and don't think I could to be honest. I always thought the riding position looks really uncomfortable, especially on the old lower back. 
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
No denying it Steve, it is tough.
Not like a proper bike......
Not like a proper bike......
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.
Mopar by the grace of God
Mopar by the grace of God
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
I’m still riding. 1967 Triumph TR6C, American export sold new at Johnson Motors on the west coast. I’ve owned it over 25 years. 1976 Kawasaki KH400 also sold new in America. Totally different to ride but both brilliant in their own way.
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
They are fantastic, Martin.
I think Roy ("Slowhand" on here) has a similar trials Triumph like that.
I think Roy ("Slowhand" on here) has a similar trials Triumph like that.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.
Mopar by the grace of God
Mopar by the grace of God
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
My bike, I've owned this for around 6 years but it doesnt do many miles. I was out on it today for a quick spin. 1960 BSA A10.
1970 Road Runner, 505CI, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears.
11.98 @ 117mph on street tyres
11.98 @ 117mph on street tyres
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
Very nice, Mick. I have never ridden one of those...
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.
Mopar by the grace of God
Mopar by the grace of God
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
It takes a bit of getting used to after riding Japanese bikes Pete. Gear lever on the right, one up three down.
1970 Road Runner, 505CI, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears.
11.98 @ 117mph on street tyres
11.98 @ 117mph on street tyres
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
All lovely bikes!!! Thanks for the pics.
Mine is nowhere near as exotic as any of those bikes but I deliberately didn't want to tie up cash in something so I can visit my kids but still enjoy a bit of 'grass roots' fun riding.
She takes me right back to being about 10 and going on the back of my dad's CB125 in the mid 70s. Dad bought me an SL125 that was in boxes in the early 80s and I managed to rebuild it and go greenlaning. Great memories that have come flooding back to me with this bike. I can't say any of the big bikes I've had stir up that emotion in me. I have fond memories of the TT etc but most of the time I would get back from rides out and be looking at the letterbox for weeks after hoping my licence was still in one piece. No danger with the Benly but she certainly makes me smile
Mine is nowhere near as exotic as any of those bikes but I deliberately didn't want to tie up cash in something so I can visit my kids but still enjoy a bit of 'grass roots' fun riding.
She takes me right back to being about 10 and going on the back of my dad's CB125 in the mid 70s. Dad bought me an SL125 that was in boxes in the early 80s and I managed to rebuild it and go greenlaning. Great memories that have come flooding back to me with this bike. I can't say any of the big bikes I've had stir up that emotion in me. I have fond memories of the TT etc but most of the time I would get back from rides out and be looking at the letterbox for weeks after hoping my licence was still in one piece. No danger with the Benly but she certainly makes me smile
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
I had a T150 Trident for a time, but could not really get on with it - possibly due to the Right Foot shift; but I never really had Japanese bikes for long once I had passed my test.Mick70RR wrote: Tue Oct 06, 26 9:00 pm It takes a bit of getting used to after riding Japanese bikes Pete. Gear lever on the right, one up three down.
I had plenty of Ducati's and Moto Guzzi's though.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.
Mopar by the grace of God
Mopar by the grace of God
Re: Scratching a Non Mopar itch
The one thing that I really like about the A10 is the Chronometric speedo. The needle updates the speed every 0.8 seconds so it moves around the dial in steps. They were originally used in aircraft before the second world war. I wish Mopar had used them instead of magnetic drive speedos with the wobbly needle. More info here
chronometrics.co.uk
chronometrics.co.uk
1970 Road Runner, 505CI, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears.
11.98 @ 117mph on street tyres
11.98 @ 117mph on street tyres